First the good: Every unit in this condo complex has a lovely ocean view. The units are all individually owned so decor varies. We were in C-39, on the second level. We had two bedrooms (one a loft), two baths, a large living room, and a nicely upgraded, well-outfitted kitchen. Plenty of room for our family of three. C-39 is rather close to the main road, however, so there was noise from passing cars. Requesting a unit away from the street would solve that problem. Also, the daily maid service is friendly and efficient.
The grounds are well-maintained. There are two relatively small pools and several bar-be-cues. This is not a big hotel-like resort and it is very quiet. The clientele tend to be couples and families.
There is no restaurant on site. However, the Napili Shores next door has two, including the Gazebo, popular for breakfast and lunch and highly recommended.
The shoreline outside is rocky but offers excellent snorkeling for those willing to brave the rocks to enter and exit the water. The condo to the south has stairway access, but, unfortunately, restricts it for the use of their guests only. Just on the other side of Napili Shores to the north, however, is a sandy beach very popular for both snorkling and swimming.
Now the not so good: The interior of our unit was overrun with geckos - small and not so small lizards the Hawaiians consider good luck. They appeared suddenly in the evening and crawled up and down the walls and on the raised ceiling mostly out of reach. This might be a positive for some, (and I certainly have no objection to outdoor wildlife), but I was not thrilled about paying $315 a night to share my living space with lots of reptiles. Just personal preference.
All in all, a good mid-range property for those looking for relaxation in Paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled above shimmering Honokeana Bay, Napili Point Resort is a 115 unit low rise condominium where every condo has an incredible ocean view. In the distance, the islands of Moloka'i and Lana'i rise from the warm waters of the blue Pacific, silhouetting spectacular legendary Maui sunsets. Relax at one of our two oceanfront swimming pools set amid our beautifully landscaped tropical grounds or our outdoor barbecues and picnic tables. Watch the waves roll into Honokeana Bay and during the winter months (December thru April) witness the humpback whales cavorting in the distance. This is the view from your own lanai. Here, you will find a quiet, relaxed and scenic Hawaiian atmosphere. This is your home in paradise...Enjoy some of the best snorkeling and swimming on Maui in Honokeana Bay. Multi-colored coral and countless tropical fish and sea turtles await you in the Bay - literally just steps outside your door. It's like an aquarium except that it's entirely natural and you swim among the fish and coral instead of looking through a window! At the tip of our "point" you will find tide pools filled with crabs, tiny hatchling tropical fish and countless other species to investigate. It's a great place to enjoy the natural beauty of the sea while only getting your feet wet! As a value rental program guest, you will enjoy the following amenities: Daily Housekeeping Service, Full Kitchen, Washer & Dryer, Hair Dryer, Lanai with Ocean View, Color TV with DVD Player, In-room Safe Two Swimming Pools, BBQs and Picnic Areas, Weekly Nature Walk, Pineapple Cutting Demonstration, Free WiFI and Broadband internet available. For broadband, you just need to provide your laptop computer with an ITC Ethernet jack (the Ethernet cord is provided in each unit). BBQ: 5 gas and 1 charcoal - guests must provide their own charcoal and lighter fluid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Napili Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Point Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Point Lahaina
- Napili Point Resort Maui/Lahaina