Booked an oceanview unit through their website and with the 5th day free felt I was getting a good deal. Wanted the proximity of Napili Bay and the ability to see turtles in the bay. Family of 5 including 3 kids, ages 13, 11, and 7.
First, the resort. Loved it. Great location. Relatively quiet. Beautiful grounds. And lots of turtles in the bay. We snorkeled every day with a family of no less than 6 turtles who appeared to live in the bay. Very easily walkable to the beach at Napili. Sunsets are spectacular just sitting on the lanai or out on the grounds. Every unit looks like it has a view. Staff was great. Parking was no problem. Absolutely nothing bad to say about the resort (would be a 5-star rating were it just based on the resort itself and not the unit...)
The unit we stayed in was C-44 and we were pleased to see that it was an end unit, which meant that instead of having one bedroom downstairs and one upstairs loft, it had two full bedrooms on a single story (the second floor of the building) and a larger lanai than the other units. The picture on TA for this resort looks like it could have been taken from our balcony. The interior was furnished nicely and there were beach chairs and boogeyboards in the closet for use (could have used an umbrella, too, but that's getting a bit picky!). The biggest complaint with this unit was the road noise. The master bedroom is on the end of the building, and the windows look like they're 30 years old (the old louver-style windows), so even with the windows closed, you're listening to cars/trucks/motorcycles going by while trying to sleep. Some units had upgraded windows, but this one didn't. You end up getting used to the noise a bit, but I'd rather listen to the ocean when going to bed rather than motorcycles. If I were to do it again, I'd step up to the 'oceanfront' category and add a little bigger buffer between me and the road. Would definitely stay at the resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled above shimmering Honokeana Bay, Napili Point Resort is a 115 unit low rise condominium where every condo has an incredible ocean view. In the distance, the islands of Moloka'i and Lana'i rise from the warm waters of the blue Pacific, silhouetting spectacular legendary Maui sunsets. Relax at one of our two oceanfront swimming pools set amid our beautifully landscaped tropical grounds or our outdoor barbecues and picnic tables. Watch the waves roll into Honokeana Bay and during the winter months (December thru April) witness the humpback whales cavorting in the distance. This is the view from your own lanai. Here, you will find a quiet, relaxed and scenic Hawaiian atmosphere. This is your home in paradise...Enjoy some of the best snorkeling and swimming on Maui in Honokeana Bay. Multi-colored coral and countless tropical fish and sea turtles await you in the Bay - literally just steps outside your door. It's like an aquarium except that it's entirely natural and you swim among the fish and coral instead of looking through a window! At the tip of our "point" you will find tide pools filled with crabs, tiny hatchling tropical fish and countless other species to investigate. It's a great place to enjoy the natural beauty of the sea while only getting your feet wet! As a value rental program guest, you will enjoy the following amenities: Daily Housekeeping Service, Full Kitchen, Washer & Dryer, Hair Dryer, Lanai with Ocean View, Color TV with DVD Player, In-room Safe Two Swimming Pools, BBQs and Picnic Areas, Weekly Nature Walk, Pineapple Cutting Demonstration, Free WiFI and Broadband internet available. For broadband, you just need to provide your laptop computer with an ITC Ethernet jack (the Ethernet cord is provided in each unit). BBQ: 5 gas and 1 charcoal - guests must provide their own charcoal and lighter fluid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Napili Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Point Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Point Lahaina
- Napili Point Resort Maui/Lahaina