Just returned from a week long stay at Napili Point Resort with family and friends. The location of this resort does not get any better! We had the time of our lives and could have stayed forever! We rented a 2 bedroom oceanfront which slept two families, and our friends rented a 1 bedroom oceanfront for their family. The room we stayed in was room C-11 (2 bedroom) and it was nicely decorated and clean! The kitchen was updated and very well stocked with everything we needed. The unit was also loaded with supplies for the beach (beach chairs, pool noodles, cooler, ice packs, umbrella, and binoculars). The balcony overlooks the pool and the ocean.. you can sit on the balcony during whale season and see the whales! It's spectacular! Overlooking the pool was beneficial for us when the kids (8, 9 and 12 yrs old) wanted to swim in the pool so we could oversee them from our balcony if we did not feel like sitting by the pool... And the pool was never really crowded so we did not have a lot of noise from it. Both bedrooms in this unit have comfortable king size beds, which was very nice for the adults since some rooms have two twins. There is also a pull out queen size sofa sleeper in the living room, it was fine for our kids, but probably not the most comfortable choice for adults. The upstairs bedroom (which is an open loft to downstairs) has the amazing view of the ocean, and the sounds of the waves if you leave the balcony slider door open. The downstairs bedroom is more private, which is a plus when traveling with kids, but does not have the view or sounds of the ocean. Both rooms have their own bathroom; the downstairs bathroom in the bedroom is the only one downstairs so is shared with guests visiting or those sleeping on the pull out couch.
The second unit that our friends rented was room A-10. This is the one bedroom oceanfront and the view is amazing! It is literally on the ocean! The room was not updated and a little more run down. It also was not as loaded with the extras that we had in C-11. However, when we walked down to their room we never cared about the inside - the attraction of this room is the incredible view of the ocean.. We spent most of our time on their lanai enjoying the most amazing sunsets, views and sounds of the ocean. The out-dated kitchen and decor did not matter to any of us! The king size bed was comfortable and the pull out sofa was fine for their teenage girls.
We spent most days either snorkeling in the bay which is just steps outside of the one bedroom unit and loaded with sea turtles and fish! We rented our snorkel equipment for a reasonable price for the week at Snorkel Bobs around the corner. We also took the quick 5 minute walk over to napili beach every day and swam in the ocean.
Close by dining- I Highly recommend breakfast at The Gazebo, which is famous for their breakfast fried rice .. It is delicious and can feed an army! We also had happy hour and lunch a few times at The Sea House - both places a few minutes walk from the resort and right on Napili beach. We also ate at Merrimans, which has spectacular views and incredible food (reservations recommended for dinner), this is a little further of a walk around the point along the beach, or a quick drive. You can also find a lot of great dining driving into Lahaina, we never had a bad meal during our stay!
We booked a champagne sunset cruise, a whale watching tour and a helicopter tour- all amazing and recommended. You will not be disappointed booking at Napili Point Resort! We are definitely coming back!!! Aloha and mahalo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled above shimmering Honokeana Bay, Napili Point Resort is a 115 unit low rise condominium where every condo has an incredible ocean view. In the distance, the islands of Moloka'i and Lana'i rise from the warm waters of the blue Pacific, silhouetting spectacular legendary Maui sunsets. Relax at one of our two oceanfront swimming pools set amid our beautifully landscaped tropical grounds or our outdoor barbecues and picnic tables. Watch the waves roll into Honokeana Bay and during the winter months (December thru April) witness the humpback whales cavorting in the distance. This is the view from your own lanai. Here, you will find a quiet, relaxed and scenic Hawaiian atmosphere. This is your home in paradise...Enjoy some of the best snorkeling and swimming on Maui in Honokeana Bay. Multi-colored coral and countless tropical fish and sea turtles await you in the Bay - literally just steps outside your door. It's like an aquarium except that it's entirely natural and you swim among the fish and coral instead of looking through a window! At the tip of our "point" you will find tide pools filled with crabs, tiny hatchling tropical fish and countless other species to investigate. It's a great place to enjoy the natural beauty of the sea while only getting your feet wet! As a value rental program guest, you will enjoy the following amenities: Daily Housekeeping Service, Full Kitchen, Washer & Dryer, Hair Dryer, Lanai with Ocean View, Color TV with DVD Player, In-room Safe Two Swimming Pools, BBQs and Picnic Areas, Weekly Nature Walk, Pineapple Cutting Demonstration, Free WiFI and Broadband internet available. For broadband, you just need to provide your laptop computer with an ITC Ethernet jack (the Ethernet cord is provided in each unit). BBQ: 5 gas and 1 charcoal - guests must provide their own charcoal and lighter fluid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Napili Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Point Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Point Lahaina
- Napili Point Resort Maui/Lahaina