“Lovely location, not what I payed for”

Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
“Lovely location, not what I payed for”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Can't complain about the hotel, location. Yet wasn't what I payed for. I was travelling with a friend and we payed $160 each a night for two nights. Thinking we would get two doubles. NO not the case, we got a double and a small single fold out that is for a kid (I'm close to 30) for the price that we payed we could have gone some where else and payed a little more for two double beds. I have traveled the world and seen many different types of hotel, yet for two friends travelling this isn't the hotel for friends. Wouldn't return unless I was on my own cause no one should have to pay $160 for a kids fold out bed any where. When I asked at the front desk I could have gotten my own room yet payed for that, why should I pay when I through I was getting a bed not a fold out bed, not very friendly worker. To say oh that's all our rooms, yeh for couples or family's it is fine. Not for two female friends travelling together (why should we share a bed when that wasn't what we payed for)

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Katherine W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed in a studio room which also included a full kitchen and dining table. The main bed folds up into the wall to provide more space within the apartment. The sofa couch is about the size of a king single bed. Room was fairly tidy with all the necessary kitchen amenities, the bathroom was a good size considering the apartment was fairly cosy.

The walls are quite thin, unfortunately I was woken up to a blaring tv from the apartment next door.

The hotel is located about 20mins drive from Lahaina town, only minutes walk to a beautiful stretch of beach or a 5min drive to the Merrimans Restaurant where we attended a gorgeous wedding ceremony/reception.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Yvonne K
Hawthorne, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

May 20th - May 25, 2014 we stayed here for our Honeymoon and 1st Anniversary. We has a blast. It was our home away from home. Right off the beach, quiet and very family friendly. We had the one bedroom condo with all the amenities we could think of. I did sleep in the front room a couple of nights so I could hear the ocean. We had an Oceanview condo. The only thing that was a downer, all the traffic we could hear outside of the bedroom window. Made it hard to sleep at night. There are island bugs. Like flying cock roaches, gnats and little small ant looking thing that do visit you. Don't freak out. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook and eat. There was also grills outside. We cooked burgers and the steaks we had for our anniversary dinner. We rented snorkel gear 3 mins away and snorkeled off the beach. There are three grocery stores near by to purchase what we needed. We loved staying here. We plan to go back. Matter of fact I have a friend checking into these condos for her bday in August. Also the condo does fit about 6 people. If you want to go with a group. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Stellarton, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at B109 for 10 days with my wife and our 20 month old son. The condo itself is clean, well cared for and has a great kitchen/living area. The front windows bring in plenty of natural light, and if you enjoy chasing toddlers, they can walk right out onto the grass and start exploring. The location of the unit gives you a bit of a view of Moloka'i, very quick access to Napili Bay and the path to Honokeana Bay (if you like to snorkel and sea turtles, which we do). We did see turtles more than once right at the bottom of the stairs to the beach, the highlight of our sons vacation was standing on his own in the water 5ft from a 'biig turdle!'

Restaurants on site are better than good and won't break the bank. The pool closer to the main building was nice and warm and our little guy loved it. Snorkel rentals on site were a good price and the gear was in good shape. Shuffle board was right outside the unit, we played a bit, but because we’re Canadian our son was convinced it was hockey.

The Napili Market up the hill had most of the necessities for the trip and was no more expensive than SafeWay or Times. If you're a caffeine addict like we are, The Coffee Store is some of the best coffee on the island and has great baked goods. Maui Tacos next store was a hit with everyone. Most importantly you're about 5 minute drive from Maui Brewing Co, do yourself a favor and go inside, sit down at the chilled bar and start sampling from the big chalkboard.

As I said we did have a little bad weather while we stayed in Napili, but with a car you’re about 15 mins from Ka’anapli and 20 mins from Front Street, so we could always outrun the rain clouds.

Our trip was fantastic, better than we could have planned for. It’s quieter than places like Ka’anapli and ‘out of the way’ without being too far away, the rental was more of a cottage experience than a hotel room. By the time we left our son was actually calling it ‘home’.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ajweir
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was my 2nd trip to Maui and to this property. To me the best vacation is one where you only see the hotel staff twice - once when you check in and then when you check out. This is exactly what happened both times here. The room was clean, the kitchen well equipped for what we needed, and the grounds were well taken care of. We had an ocean front condo this time and the view was amazing (along with the sounds of the ocean waves). We purposely selected this property because it is a quieter place and not in the hustle and bustle of any tourist places and you are just a short drive from any shopping. You can choose to be quiet on your lanai or go to the pool area and be around the groups who like to gather to watch the sunsets.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank JoLynnC56
Tokyo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

ビーチアクセスは申し分なく、リゾートを満喫できます。Lahaina まで車で10分、times と言うスーパーまでは 5分の距離で、生活する分には全く不便を感じません。
コンドからビーチへのアクセスは歩いて行ける距離にあり、また、Kapalua ビーチへも車ですぐです。
残念な点は、高い割には建物が古いせいか部屋がそれ程綺麗でなくアリなどが部屋を歩き回っていました。

Great location for shopping (10 min by car to Lahaina, nearest supermarket is about 5min drive), and access to beaches.
The condo is kind of old so some insects and many aunts can be seen in the room.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Micuru
hitchin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've stayed here twice - the first time on my honeymoon and more recently Christmas 2013 / Jan 2014.
Although our condo was in need of some renovation, it was still well equipped and had a lovely garden view. We were literally just a few minutes away from the wonderful beach which in itself is simply breathtaking. The condo is well equipped with everything you need, including BBQ outside as well. Just be warned if you are a smoker - there's nowhere for you to smoke and, that in itself can prove to be a right pain, especially is you have a drink on the balcony and can't enjoy a cigarette without walking outside of the entire complex. Other than that though, it really is pretty wonderful.

Room Tip: They are all lovely but the sea-view rooms are incredible.