“Vintage Hawaiian property”

Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
“Vintage Hawaiian property”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful view of Napalli cove at this resort. Our ocean view room was clean and updated. 70's feel , perfect for relaxing and snorkeling in the bay. Great outdoor gazebo restaurant and small pool over looking the ocean. Bed too soft but no other complaints. Slept with door open all night. We only stayed one night prior to our time share in Kahanapali but wish we could've stayed all week. Price 179.00, awesome.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denise H
Tamara M, Front Office Manager at Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger, responded to this review, 19 October 2014
Aloha Denise H,

Thank you for your kind review and staying with us. Perhaps your next visit to Maui may be a little longer and you are able to return for a longer stay.

We hope to see you soon!

Mahalo nui loa,

napili.shores@outrigger.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a hotel with a fantastic location overlooking the western point of Maui. Our room had a great view of the ocean, beautiful colours to be seen and people enjoying the water. We truly appreciated our time soaking in the views.

The room itself is nothing fancy. Note that there is no air-conditioining, just a ceiling fan. The room is not large, but it'll do. A little cosy when the pullout beds are all out. The room came with a kitchenette, fully stocked with mid-sized fridge, utensils, pots and pans, and space for a small dining table for 4, which is really god for self-catering. The pullout beds are made up of a single and a double. Not the most comfortable bed, but again, it'll do. The bathroom is simple and sufficient. The room does feel a little dated, but serves the purpose.

Staff are pretty chilled and relaxed here, very accommodating and helpful. Beaches are a short walk from here, all with great snorkelling. Many awesome coves are a short drive from here. Ten minutes away are shopping districts with everything you will need like supermarkets, cafes and restaurants. Overall, this was a reasonable option in Napili and worth considering at the price we paid at $139 a night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravellingCarlito
Aloha TravellingCarlito,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger is an older property and we try our very best to ensure we are well maintained, interior and exterior.

We hope to see you on your next Hawaii vacation.

Mahalo,

Erding, Germany
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, reasonably priced, nothing fancy, good value for money. Never made it to the acclaimed Gazebo restaurant, also had a long crowd waiting in front. So must have been good. OK beach with daily seaturtle watching (free). Provided free hospitality suite at our final day.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Magic_Jenny
Aloha Magic_Jenny,

We appreciate your kind review. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you return on your next vacation to Maui. Perhaps then, you may be able to enjoy The Gazebo.

Mahalo,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

No AC
No cleaning
Loud- You have to keep the windows and door open to stay half way comfortable
No privacy

My personal experience: Security let a stranger into our room at 11:00pm. I was on my honeymoon, so I was doing some honeymoon stuff at the time when they let this guy in. He saw me completely naked! I alerted the front desk and they were very dismissive. I finally had the manager contact me, after I had to explain to them how embarrassed I was and why, and she gave me a free meal. They were supposed to give us a free night...but that never happened. When I keep calling to get the refund credited to my credit card, they all act like they have no idea what I am talking about. Do not go here if you are a couple and want to do couple stuff! Your privacy might be infringed upon.

Room Tip: Pay extra money and go to the other resorts in the same area.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Selece T
TamaraMontgomery, Front Office Manager at Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger, responded to this review, 30 October 2014
Aloha Selece T,

On behalf of the Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger Staff, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your honeymoon. Since your vacation with us, we hope you have received your remuneration for your inconvenience from your travel agency. We are pleased to hear you were able to enjoy a meal at The Gazebo.

To enjoy the true tropical ambiance is experienced, air conditioning was never installed. We rely on our tradewinds that come through the West Maui Mountains. Unfortunately Mother Nature has been sporadically unpleasant this year.

When you return to Maui, we ask for your optimism with considering to return to Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger. Prior to making your room reservations, please contact me directly and will personally assist you.

E ho`omaika`i hou oukou ... Congratulations to you both!

Mahalo nui loa,

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Can't complain about the hotel, location. Yet wasn't what I payed for. I was travelling with a friend and we payed $160 each a night for two nights. Thinking we would get two doubles. NO not the case, we got a double and a small single fold out that is for a kid (I'm close to 30) for the price that we payed we could have gone some where else and payed a little more for two double beds. I have traveled the world and seen many different types of hotel, yet for two friends travelling this isn't the hotel for friends. Wouldn't return unless I was on my own cause no one should have to pay $160 for a kids fold out bed any where. When I asked at the front desk I could have gotten my own room yet payed for that, why should I pay when I through I was getting a bed not a fold out bed, not very friendly worker. To say oh that's all our rooms, yeh for couples or family's it is fine. Not for two female friends travelling together (why should we share a bed when that wasn't what we payed for)

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Katherine W
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed in a studio room which also included a full kitchen and dining table. The main bed folds up into the wall to provide more space within the apartment. The sofa couch is about the size of a king single bed. Room was fairly tidy with all the necessary kitchen amenities, the bathroom was a good size considering the apartment was fairly cosy.

The walls are quite thin, unfortunately I was woken up to a blaring tv from the apartment next door.

The hotel is located about 20mins drive from Lahaina town, only minutes walk to a beautiful stretch of beach or a 5min drive to the Merrimans Restaurant where we attended a gorgeous wedding ceremony/reception.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Yvonne K
Hawthorne, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

May 20th - May 25, 2014 we stayed here for our Honeymoon and 1st Anniversary. We has a blast. It was our home away from home. Right off the beach, quiet and very family friendly. We had the one bedroom condo with all the amenities we could think of. I did sleep in the front room a couple of nights so I could hear the ocean. We had an Oceanview condo. The only thing that was a downer, all the traffic we could hear outside of the bedroom window. Made it hard to sleep at night. There are island bugs. Like flying cock roaches, gnats and little small ant looking thing that do visit you. Don't freak out. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook and eat. There was also grills outside. We cooked burgers and the steaks we had for our anniversary dinner. We rented snorkel gear 3 mins away and snorkeled off the beach. There are three grocery stores near by to purchase what we needed. We loved staying here. We plan to go back. Matter of fact I have a friend checking into these condos for her bday in August. Also the condo does fit about 6 people. If you want to go with a group. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple