“Awesome views, great time!!”

Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
bay area, ca
“Awesome views, great time!!”
Reviewed 20 March 2006

Mt husband, myself and 2 boys were at the Outrigger Napili Shores for 1 week in march. We really loved it here! The condo was a perfect size for us (my boys are 12 & 10, but big boys) The boys slept in the living room which had 2 daybeds/couches. They said they were very comfy and slept really well. My huband and I had the bedroom, it seemed to be a king size bed, but advertized as Queen. The bed was comfortable. We had an oceanview, I loved the location of our room and would strongly request that building for next year.
The Gazebo restraunt was awesome for breakfast, we ate there 4 times!
The beach acces path is so easy to get too, in 2 minutes we were on the beach.
We BBQ'd 3 of the nights we were there and really enjoyed eating dinner on our Lanai. The BBQ's were extremely clean.
The grounds were very well kept, the pool (upper pool) was heated, but I prefer it a little warmer. But it was nice and clean.
The staff was very nice and helpful.
The only complaint my husband and I had was house keeping. They only come every 3rd day unlees you request everyday, which we did, hey Im on vacation!
We had a couple of really clean days, and some just so-so. If we would of had a vacuum or mop in our room, I wouldnt have minded, but when you are at the beach eveyday and running in and out of the condo the floors need some help.
Its been said before, this isnt a 4 or 5 star resort, but it is an awesome location, clean comfortable rooms and nice grounds. It definetly felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed March 2006
8 Thank mammabear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Ut
Reviewed 17 March 2006

Well this hotel is in a wonderful location but given that we spent $180 a night I expected much more.
The bed was not even a bed rather a matress on wheels you pull out from the wall. The mattress was so uncomfortable (you and companion sink to the middle)that I ened up on the floor. The beach is great, grounds beautiful just the room was more like what I would expect at a motel 6.....not the Outrigger in Hawaii.
I give them a terrible rating because I contacted them about this after the trip and they never even had the courtesy to reply. Maui is busy, so I guess where there is a demand people will pay top dollar even for a crappy room......It sure beat being home in the snow....would I go again yes. Would I stay at the outrigger....NEVER not after this experience.
I reccommend staying in Kihei or Hana(just take your food with you to Hana).
Happy Travels

Stayed February 2006
7 Thank Velocity_Tours
Shorewood, Il
Reviewed 23 February 2006

Just got back from Maui, the Napili Shores was a wonderful surprise. The grounds were so pretty and from the Gazebo Restaurant located facing the ocean we were delighted to watch the whales. The food was excellent but a busy place, the line starts forming before 7 a.m. for breakfast but service is quick and friendly. The condo was just right for the two of us and the view couldn't have been better. We'll stay there again I'm sure.

9 Thank Char1967
ontario
Reviewed 18 February 2006

we were pleased with the location of the hotel and our room was dated but clean. We were disappointed with the location of our room we were in #236.We heard the road construction, parking lot activities and all the visitors coming and going to and from the hotel restaurant. Lets just say we didn't get much sleep.Request a room near the water and you will be fine. They were unable and unwilling to move us do to full capacity.

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank chandygirl
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 9 January 2006

We spent our week (12/30-1/6) on Maui in an oceanview condo at Napili Shores. I would highly recommend unit G-155; not only is the view from the lanai beautiful, but the condo was very clean, well decorated, and had a fully stocked kitchen. The Napili Shores has very nice grounds; there is a huge lawn and lots of plumeria trees and tropical foliage. There are also 2 pools (1 oceanfront) and a jacuzzi. There are BBQ facilities scattered around the property, with nice gas grills. And don't forget to eat at the Gazebo restaurant which is located next to the oceanfront pool- excellent breakfast (if you are starving and don't want to wait in line you can call in your order, pick it up, and then eat on your lanai). One of the best features of the Napili Shores is its proximity to the gorgeous beach of Napili Bay. A very short walk down a paved path leads you to the white sand and warm turquoise water.
I love the Napili area; this was our second trip to Maui, and I don't think we would stay anywhere else. On Napili Bay there are no high-rise resorts- it has more of the feel of what I imagine old Hawaii was like. And we loved the price; per night we paid a fraction of what the big resorts in Kaanapali and Wailea charge. Maui is a beautiful paradise and I can't wait to visit again. And when we do I would not hesitate to stay at the Napili Shores.

• Stayed January 2006
27 Thank as985
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 26 December 2005

The Napili Shores is a wonderful place for a family vacation. My parents and I spent 4 wonderful nights here in a 1BR oceanview. The resort is not luxurious but IS beautiful and quite well maintained. I would recommend it to families with children -- I also think the oceanfront studios would be great for couples. It's quiet, peaceful, and right next to a great beach. Great value for Hawaii, too. I'd definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed December 2005
13 Thank konagirl
Walnut California
Reviewed 26 December 2005

After hours of searching reviews, we decided to let the Napili Shores host our first visit to Maui. The location is quiet and convenient, easy to find. We enjoyed a second floor ocean view studio unit, which was equipped with a full kitchen. With a market located at the turnoff of the main road (1/4 mile from the resort) we enjoyed home cooked meals nearly every nite, saving a bundle for other activities. The kitchen WAS fully equipped with pots 'n pans, full set of dishes, glasses and coffee cups for like 6 or 8 people, all cooking utensils, can openers, and they even supplied clean kitchen towels and paper towels. A clean microwave and four burner stove/oven and a full sized fridge (with ice maker) made things so convenient. We stayed in unit 213.

Our lanai had a clear view of Molokai across the channel. The sitting/viewing area to sit and watch surf (turtles and whales too!) was kept clean and had plenty of chairs. There are several barbeques at each of the two pools, which were cleaned every morning by the attentive staff (no lie, I sat and watched them do so while sipping my kona every morning!). At the lower pool you will find the Gazebo Restaurant, and surprisingly when locals asked us where we were staying, they would immediately recognize the resort as the location of the Gazebo! Great pancakes!

One thing to note, unless you ask, there is maid service only every 3rd day. When we realized it though, we asked for towel service daily and they were happy to accomodate.

Plumaria trees decorate the grounds, as well as other lush vegitation, all kept up daily by the gardening staff.

In short, we're planning our next visit for next December, may take our kids next time. We loved the stay.

23 Thank scropp