“Wow! What a hidden treasure!”

Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Wow! What a hidden treasure!”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The view from our room is breathtaking. Nice big balconies. Each room has everything you could possibly need with full kitchen facilities, herbs and spices, brewed coffee maker etc. We are surrounded by bigger more expensive resorts but we are not the slightest bit envious. There is something special about this place. Relaxed family atmosphere. Beaches and coves all around you full of turtles and tropical fish. Best sunsets on the planet.

Room Tip: 2nd floor have slightly better views. Rooms 218-220 get the best sunset views.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Drew B
SUllrich, General Manager at Napili Surf Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Aloha Drew,

You came a long way to visit Maui! Thank you for selecting Napili Surf Beach Resort and taking the time to evaluating your experience at our resort. My staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

A Hui Hou!
Napili Surf Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Southern BC
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at this resort for a week from May 18-25 2013. As this was my first visit to Maui I relied on other reviews for my accommodation. It was very successful!
The resort is about an hour drive from Kahului Airport. By the time I picked up my rental car and arrived at the resort, it was evening. My keys were in an envelope in the office (efficient, yay!) and I was able to settle in. My first impression was that the decor was a bit dull, dated. However, it was fully equipped, with lots of storage, and very, very clean. The housekeeping is excellent here.
In the morning I explored the property. I was in the garden view building. All the grass and flowers are beautifully kept and very tidy. There are two pools, and at the time I stayed there, I had a pool to myself most of the time. There are at least three BBQs available for your use, I never needed one however. A few steps more bring you to the bay, a lovely uncrowded beach with a restaurant at each end. Very convenient, I tried them for breakfast, no wait for a table.
The beach is sandy, so it is easy for swimming. There is reef there too, and on my first snorkel, I saw a turtle!
The resort provides beach towels, there is a laundry available too.
Overall I am very impressed with Napili Surf. Clean, affordable, quiet. It is also well situated near golf courses, Lahaina for shopping, and some of the best snorkeling beaches on Maui. I recommend this property for a comfortable holiday.

Room Tip: Garden view is good value, and still only steps from the beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank mtngrlSouthernBC
SUllrich, General Manager at Napili Surf Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for taking time to evaluate your experience at Napili Surf Beach Resort. We are very pleased that your stay met your expectations.

Thank you for recommending our resort,

San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This was my second visit to Napili Surf. It was truly paradise! I became engaged at Kapalua golf course just up the street on a hole overlooking the ocean with whales in the background and sea turtle below. I am looking forward to my third visit (honeymoon?) soon. I recommend to anyone, this gorgeous, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank plumeria721
SUllrich, General Manager at Napili Surf Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Aloha Plumeria,

And congratulations! We at Napili Surf Beach Resort are very pleased that you have enjoyed our resort for the second time. Whe you are ready for your honeymoon, please call me directly.

A Hui Hou!

General manager
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed at one of the rooms on the last building. It was still only 3 minutes walk from the beach. Napili Beach is a relatively small beach (maybe a mile long) surrounded by several small hotels like this one. But the beach doesn't feel crowded and it is a beautiful beach. The room was very nice with a big balcony and a kitchen with all the necessary gadgets and then some.

If you walk one bay south towards Lahaina , you get to a small bay where you can swim with giant turtles. Rent a car and explore the island. It is a beautiful island.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank GardenStateTraveler1
California
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Napili beach may be one of the few tourist beaches in all of Hawaii that is unencumbered by a large high-rise hotel/"resort and spa." Instead this soft sandy beach, with the world's best view of nearby Molokai, has only a few oceanfront 2-story properties, like the Napili Surf.

There's no spa at the Surf, or gym, or infinity pool, or assortment of fancy restaurants (not even one), or elevators, or valets, bellmen or "resort fees."

All you get is the Pacific ocean, which is about 30 steps from your room (I counted). And, the room has a fully stocked kitchen, modern bathroom, plush bath and beach towels, and decent beds. All for just $ 200 + per night.

Now, be warned, there's no A/C, and the cloth window drapes will let the early morning sunshine into the bedroom, and the landscaping crew is hard at work each morning with various loud mowers and weed whackers. And then there's the famous northwest Maui weather, with some breezes, clouds, raindrops. These are minor annoyances in an otherwise perfect setting.

We saw whales from the shore, and at the north end of Napili beach there are several turtles who've taken up residence. You can walk over to see them in the tidepools, or snorkel near them in the shallow (5' deep) water near the shore. It's a turtle's life at the Napili Surf.

Room Tip: North facing rooms will get lots of morning sun.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank andsank
SUllrich, General Manager at Napili Surf Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Aloha,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Napili Surf Beach Resort. Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments about our resort.

A Hui hou!
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed here for four nights in an ocean view room 215. Everything was perfect. Our unit was newly remodeled It had a walk-in shower (one step up), comfortable bed, and included a well stocked kitchen with full frig (and icemaker), dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker (with complementary Kona), ample plates, dishes and implements. It left very little to be desired. I don't seem to remember seeing a potato peeler or funnel in the drawer, but am certain that one could be obtained from the management office. Did I mentioned the complimentary cut pineapple waiting for us in our refrigerator after check-in?

In addition, to our unit I made arrangements for four other couples and everyone was thrilled with their lodging. Even though each unit is individually owned it is apparent that Napili Surf is well managed with high standards.

If you go there between January and May, bring your binoculars. We were treated to breaching whales and spinning dolphins out in the Molokai Channel as viewed from our second floor lanai. Napili Bay is at your doorstep. It is one of the most beautiful beaches on Maui. The bay offers excellent snorkeling and lots of sea turtles. Note that the beach is sandy and steep. and can get very crowded during mid-day. Napili Surf offers a pool and its own private lounge area along the beach keeping you out of the crowds. Did I mention the Mai Tai party every Wednesday at 5:30 PM?

If you want to party until 3AM and need to text your every move to your "friends", or spend more than 37 minutes a day on your cell phone, this is not your place. They actively discourage use of cell phones on your lanai and in other public areas. Nobody stops you from doing this unless you are loud and disturb the ambience for others.

I would not hesitate booking a unit here for a week or more in the future.

Room Tip: Ocean front is great, but second floor ocean view is also wonderful. Some end units have side balco...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank hankski
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

As I sit here on the Lanai of Studio 215, I think I have found a slice of heaven. It's not a fancy place, but I really feel like I am in Hawaii and you will never find a more beautiful setting or cleaner place than this! I mean clean, clean, CLEAN. It's quiet, not too crowded, and the people are very nice and welcoming. Napili Bay is our favorite spot on Maui. We are situated between two fabulous restaurants, the Gazebo and the Sea House. Nothing to complain about at all! Aloha!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family