“The Best place to stay in Maui!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lahaina
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This hidden gem is the best place to stay in Maui. You can't beat the price for what you get. We stayed in room 219 and I recommend that you try to reserve this one. It has a perfect view of the ocean and beach from the balcony. We left our sliding glass door open 24/7 as the ocean breeze kept the room cool and comfortable. The decor is perfect with a super comfortable king size bed and easy chair. The fully stocked kitchen allowed us to have wonderful breakfasts on the balcony as we watch surfers and snorkeler's. The room is situated so that we are shaded all day long. The downside, I couldn't get my husband out early to enjoy all that Maui has to offer.

The grounds are kept immaculate and they have a gas grill for all to use. They have a laundry room where they even provide free laundry soap! The staff is super friendly and they provide you with plenty of brochures. Make sure that you don't miss Warren and Annabelle Magic show on Front street. It was one of the Best magic shows we have been to. Splurge on the Royal Flush package. The appetizers are enough that you won't need to have dinner before or after.

I see from previous reviews that they complained about ants. Yes, there are a few very tiny ants, this is Hawaii!! Tropical islands of course there are going to be some critters lurking around. Trust me, they are Not a bother!

Don't be turned off by the outside appearance of this resort. Not that it looks bad, just it is not a hotel. Once you open the door to your room, you will have truly entered paradise!

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get an ocean view. Room 219 has the best views always shaded and perfect king size...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LandStrvljnkies
SUllrich, General Manager at Napili Surf Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay at Napili Surf Beach Resort. We are very pleased that you enjoyed unit 219. We hope to see you again very soon.

General manger

There are newer reviews for Napili Surf Beach Resort

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We just completed an 11 day stay at the Napili Surf and loved every day there. We stayed in studio condo that had plenty of room for the three of us and every amenity needed. Having a full kitchen and laundry helped us save more money for fun activities and travel lighter with less to pack. The grounds are beautiful, well kept and right on a small but fun beach which had plenty of waves to keep boogie boarders busy. The snorkeling was great as there are a number of varieties of fish to be seen and sea turtles that swim through regularly from the rocks near the Naplili Surf end of the beach. Also, yoga is offered on Saturday mornings - lovely to get your morning stretch done with a rainbow to send you on your way. The staff were excellent - every person helped in any way they could and they handled any request we had - very friendly and accommodating. There are restaurants, stores and scuba rental shops very close by as well as being an easy drive to many other towns and beaches. We felt very much at home in Maui because of the Napili Surf and would definitely stay here again if we are ever lucky enough to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DML1963
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The view from our room is breathtaking. Nice big balconies. Each room has everything you could possibly need with full kitchen facilities, herbs and spices, brewed coffee maker etc. We are surrounded by bigger more expensive resorts but we are not the slightest bit envious. There is something special about this place. Relaxed family atmosphere. Beaches and coves all around you full of turtles and tropical fish. Best sunsets on the planet.

Room Tip: 2nd floor have slightly better views. Rooms 218-220 get the best sunset views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Drew B
SUllrich, General Manager at Napili Surf Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Aloha Drew,

You came a long way to visit Maui! Thank you for selecting Napili Surf Beach Resort and taking the time to evaluating your experience at our resort. My staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at this resort for a week from May 18-25 2013. As this was my first visit to Maui I relied on other reviews for my accommodation. It was very successful!
The resort is about an hour drive from Kahului Airport. By the time I picked up my rental car and arrived at the resort, it was evening. My keys were in an envelope in the office (efficient, yay!) and I was able to settle in. My first impression was that the decor was a bit dull, dated. However, it was fully equipped, with lots of storage, and very, very clean. The housekeeping is excellent here.
In the morning I explored the property. I was in the garden view building. All the grass and flowers are beautifully kept and very tidy. There are two pools, and at the time I stayed there, I had a pool to myself most of the time. There are at least three BBQs available for your use, I never needed one however. A few steps more bring you to the bay, a lovely uncrowded beach with a restaurant at each end. Very convenient, I tried them for breakfast, no wait for a table.
The beach is sandy, so it is easy for swimming. There is reef there too, and on my first snorkel, I saw a turtle!
The resort provides beach towels, there is a laundry available too.
Overall I am very impressed with Napili Surf. Clean, affordable, quiet. It is also well situated near golf courses, Lahaina for shopping, and some of the best snorkeling beaches on Maui. I recommend this property for a comfortable holiday.

Room Tip: Garden view is good value, and still only steps from the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank mtngrlSouthernBC
SUllrich, General Manager at Napili Surf Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for taking time to evaluate your experience at Napili Surf Beach Resort. We are very pleased that your stay met your expectations.

Thank you for recommending our resort,

Reviewed 3 May 2013

This was my second visit to Napili Surf. It was truly paradise! I became engaged at Kapalua golf course just up the street on a hole overlooking the ocean with whales in the background and sea turtle below. I am looking forward to my third visit (honeymoon?) soon. I recommend to anyone, this gorgeous, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank plumeria721
SUllrich, General Manager at Napili Surf Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Aloha Plumeria,

And congratulations! We at Napili Surf Beach Resort are very pleased that you have enjoyed our resort for the second time. Whe you are ready for your honeymoon, please call me directly.

General manager

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed at one of the rooms on the last building. It was still only 3 minutes walk from the beach. Napili Beach is a relatively small beach (maybe a mile long) surrounded by several small hotels like this one. But the beach doesn't feel crowded and it is a beautiful beach. The room was very nice with a big balcony and a kitchen with all the necessary gadgets and then some.

If you walk one bay south towards Lahaina , you get to a small bay where you can swim with giant turtles. Rent a car and explore the island. It is a beautiful island.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank GardenStateTraveler1
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Napili beach may be one of the few tourist beaches in all of Hawaii that is unencumbered by a large high-rise hotel/"resort and spa." Instead this soft sandy beach, with the world's best view of nearby Molokai, has only a few oceanfront 2-story properties, like the Napili Surf.

There's no spa at the Surf, or gym, or infinity pool, or assortment of fancy restaurants (not even one), or elevators, or valets, bellmen or "resort fees."

All you get is the Pacific ocean, which is about 30 steps from your room (I counted). And, the room has a fully stocked kitchen, modern bathroom, plush bath and beach towels, and decent beds. All for just $ 200 + per night.

Now, be warned, there's no A/C, and the cloth window drapes will let the early morning sunshine into the bedroom, and the landscaping crew is hard at work each morning with various loud mowers and weed whackers. And then there's the famous northwest Maui weather, with some breezes, clouds, raindrops. These are minor annoyances in an otherwise perfect setting.

We saw whales from the shore, and at the north end of Napili beach there are several turtles who've taken up residence. You can walk over to see them in the tidepools, or snorkel near them in the shallow (5' deep) water near the shore. It's a turtle's life at the Napili Surf.

Room Tip: North facing rooms will get lots of morning sun.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank andsank
SUllrich, General Manager at Napili Surf Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Aloha,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Napili Surf Beach Resort. Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments about our resort.

A Hui hou!