“Great place!”

Noelani Condominium Resort
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Honestly, I can only join in and agree with the many positive reviews about this place!
We stayed in room 102 and would recommend you this room for the following reasons:
1. it is on the ground floor and at the far end of the left side of the condo facing the ocean, it means that you can step outside onto lovely grass directly from your room... No stairs!!
2. It is quiter and has more privacy as it is not overlooking swimming pool or common areas
3. It has a double bedroom in the back (cool) and the living room in the front with a sofa bed - we were 2 adults and a child thus we did not have to sleep all in the same room
4. The kitchen is very well equipped, the appliances are brand new! It has everything.
5. It has a washer and a dryer working very well, so you do not have to use those in the common areas.
6. Lovely furnishings and tastefully decorated - very clean.
7. Very comfortable mattress. The one on the sofa bed could do with an upgrade in quality, it is just a bit too thin but for a child this would be ok.
They asked us a supplement of usd 30 per day for this room but at the end we got it for 11. It is worth it!
Overall we were extremely happy with the place, lovely pool(s) although a bit small and barbecue area, it gave us the chance to have a break from the restaurants, grill our own food and relax drinking a cold beer in front of the beautiful Maui sunsets!!
Last note on the staff at the front desk, great ladies and very helpful, thank you noelani.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor and on left side have direct access to the grassed garden and are quiter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Danilucahenry

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Noelani is a great introduction to Maui (my first time). All of the condos are different (individually owned), but I think I picked a good one (#212). The suite that I stayed in was a studio apartment with a small, but efficient kitchen and an absolutely gorgeous view from the Lanai! The room was spotlessly clean upon arrival and the kitchen was well stocked with plates, utensils etc.....
The only thing keeping me from giving this value packed resort a 5 star is that noise and sound carries easily through the units and the office is not open 24 hrs. While on the water, it is not directly on a beach (although there is a small beach next to the complex that takes 5 seconds to walk to). Also, on the other side of the complex is a quite busy road.
I think that this would be more enjoyable than some of the higher priced name resorts because you feel that you are in your own little slice of the area. The location is great because there is a farmer's market not too far away and you are on a very nice part of the island. At night....you can hear the ocean waves...
The day after your arrival...there is a complimentary breakfast outside and you are provided with an orientation of the island..... Of course, there are attempts to promote certain businesses, but the orientation is very helpful for a first time visitor.
My recommendation is to stay on a unit that is above the ground and also to have your directions mapped out. The location is easy to find if it is light outside, but I had difficulty with a night arrival. The office is closed and I needed to use my phone map to find it.
All in all...........a great place and a great value! oh....there is a tiny fitness room that is okay if you are there alone.

Room Tip: Pick an above ground unit for better views.....
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed in #115 in May for our 25th wedding anniversary and loved it. I think it's one of the best units in the complex with two lanai patios. One off the bedroom where we could listen to the peaceful sounds of the ocean and a second one off the living room. The condo had everything we needed plus more. A fully equipped kitchen, Monopoly and lots of games for fun. A wide selection of wine glasses for romantic dinners and even a nice size washer and dryer.

We especially liked being close to the pool, hot tub, BBQ grills and the oceanfront.

Bruce the concierge has great advice. He made us feel like locals. Told us about the quicker road home from Hana. Got us a great table for our wonderful dinner at the Feast. Steered us to the Sea House where more locals go for a picturesque sunset meal overlooking a beautiful bay on the last evening of our week in Maui.

Donna the Manager also made our stay perfect with Midwestern hospitality and hard work and a great team.

This was our first trip to Hawaii which took us awhile to save up for because Maui definitely lives up to its reputation of being expensive, but we hopefully will be staying at Neolani Condos again soon on our next visit. Maui really is like ShangriLa. I swear we stopped aging while we were there... That is until we returned stateside to the fast lane. Wish we were there right now walking along the oceanfront looking at sometimes a half dozen green turtles sunning on the rocks.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank See-the-world1001
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Another return trip to our favorite place in Paradise!!!! The staff is friendly and efficient!! The rooms are comfortable and clean. Every one has a perfect view of the ocean. Sea turtles everywhere.
We love this place!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Chargergirl16
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I took our grandsons when I had to travel to Maui, for business. Our condo was ground floor....we walked from the living room onto beautiful grass overlooking a 30 foot rocky slope down to the ocean. Within 5 feet of shore we saw at least a dozen large sea turtles every day.....they popped their heads out of the water to look at us! The condo was furnished like a home and included things like beach chairs and umbrellas and even an ice chest. My only complaint are 1) there is no elevator down to the ground floor and 2) there is no air conditioning. Getting our suitcases up and down 14 stairs was difficult but there are rooms accessible directly from the front of the building that overlook the ocean from one story up. The fan in the bedroom was all we needed to cool off the only warm room in the condo. Having the ocean so close, was wonderful, not only for snorkeling, but also for the sounds of the waves.........pure relaxation. The pictures that I took from our little lanai of the sunsets are breathtaking.

Room Tip: If you can get up and down stairs, choose a ground floor room so you can walk right out your door to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travellinglawyer60
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My wife and I have been to this wonderful condo complex 3 times in their one bedroom condos and 1 time when there was 6 of us and stayed in one of their 3 bedroom condos. All 4 times we had a wonderful time. Its a well kept secret. Condos sit along the ocean. You can watch sea turtles coming in and out to feed. All the rooms we've stayed in were well furnished and modern. The staff are friendly and helpful. The grounds are well kept up and groomed. Its quiet and never crowded. Its located not to far from restaurants and activities, but far enough away where your not congested. We prefer the upper floors to see the turtles. Awesome place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have stayed here twice, in 2 different condo's/rooms. Both times treated awesome by the staff. Is so great to have someone daily who will advise you on what to see and do, the weather, and anything else you need information on. All of his recommendations were spot on from places to eat, who to book with for snorkeling and of course the best luau. There are great restaurants nearby, grocery stores and a seafood market with awesome lobster salad. Both trips I loved watching the turtles in the surf and sunning amongst the rocks in front of the condos. This last trip in March I slid down a rock and injured my leg. Disappointing start to my trip but I soon learned that even if I spent the majority of my vacation just lounging on the deck healing, with whales breaching just off shore, and the turtles surfing nearby, sun beating down, winds gently blowing and the waves crashing on the rocks, there is no where on earth I would rather be. Great condos, great value, and a great... view.

Room Tip: Would recommend a higher floor for a better view of the water. The condos with a bedroom have more...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo