My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at Noelani. This was not our first trip to Maui but it was our first stay at this resort. The staff were welcoming and very accommodating. For example, our first night (after taking a red eye and surviving a very long journey) we were unable to sleep due to a crying baby in the condo next door (the poor thing woke up every couple of hours screaming). At the suggestion of one of the owners we talked to the front desk to see if there were other room options. They were able to move us that morning to a condo a couple of doors down. This helped tremendously and we are glad we asked. The resort managers are sincere when they tell you they really do want feedback.
The unit we ended up in was a one bedroom, ground floor condo, unit 107. It is nicely finished, and we appreciated that they had beach chairs and a cooler in the closet, washer/dryer, and a well equipped kitchen. We enjoyed having our breakfast on our lanai, watching turtles, surfers, and even a few spouting humped back whales.
I was a little worried about lack of a/c, but actually the temperature was fine. A/C would help the noise situation (we were hesitant to close our bedroom windows for fear that it would get too warm, but I did find that closing them actually worked great to block out noise from other guests, and the room stayed reasonably cool).
We enjoyed meeting other guests and owners at the food truck dinner (which happened to occur our first night there, which was perfect since we were too tired to go grocery shopping or even out to dinner) and mai tai events by the pool. The pools are wonderful, right on the ocean and nice to be able to go between the heated pool, hot tub and non-heated pools (in that order!)
The other nice thing about this resort is it is walking distance from restaurants and shops, and very close to some of the best snorkel spots.
We also highly recommend the Lanai Dolphin Adventure for snorkelers. Teresa recommended it to us during our orientation and it was great. It is a full day trip that included a 45- minute snorkel off the boat and then 3 hours on Lanai, where you could picnic (they provide a nice box lunch), hike to tide pools, snorkel off the beach, or just relax in the park.
I was very sad to leave Noelani and look forward to coming back and staying longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maui Vacation You've Always Dreamed Of........ Away from the tour busy crowds of high rise hotels and overdeveloped resort areas, there is a unique, private haven where you can still enjoy all the peace, tranquility and Aloha Spirit of Old Hawaii. Maui No Ka Oi! All of our Maui vacation condos for rent are oceanfront, not just ocean view, like so many other Maui vacation condo rentals. Enjoy the best of Maui in our oceanfront resort condos. Relax in our swimming pools, Jacuzzi, private lanais and tropical island setting, just steps from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Noelani Condominium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Noelani Condominium Hotel Lahaina
- Noelani Maui
- Noelani Condominium Resort Maui/Lahaina