“Great Experience!!!!!”

Noelani Condominium Resort
Dallas, TX
“Great Experience!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 March 2007

We stayed in Noelani from 03/17-03/23. We loved our Studio Deluxe. It is very clean and is steps from Ocean. You cannot get that in any other Resort/Hotel. We loved the sunsets from our lanai.

There is a small beach within 2mins walk and our Son(4yrs) had tons of fun without having to drive anywhere else to get to beach.

Facility is well maintained and condo was cleaned every other day by their mtc staff. We loved the fact that they will do dishes as well if they are left in sink.

Overall this condo is a excellent value for the buck. Avg room rates in Maui during the week was 282 bucks, so we considered ourselves lucky to get such an excellent condo for 194 total. I heared during off season you can get the same thing for 120-150. But not sure. Also they did not offer us any AAA discount due to peak season. Probably they will during off-peak season.

• Liked — Setting and closeness to Ocean. Cleanliness and Maintenance.
  • Disliked — Internet Access
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank luvtraveltx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
sacramento
Reviewed 23 February 2007

The Noelani is in wonderful location - right on the ocean. The condo was clean. However, we stayed three nights and slept a total of about 6 hours! Yes, that's right, about two hours of sleep a night. My husband and I slept in the bedroom closest to the ocean. It was wonderful to hear the ocean, but not so wonderful to hear the slider door creaking all night long from the wind. There isn't really anything the condo management could do about that, as the wind was blowing very hard. My son slept in the other room that was closest to the parking lot and street. The entire bedroom wall is open with a screen and louvers. The noise is unbelievable because there is no window to close or any other way to cover up the opening. The cars and trucks drive by all night long, when the wind blows it sounds like a train is coming through the room, and when people get in or out of their cars it is very loud. We had a 3 bedroom condo and our son ended up "trying" to sleep on the couch to get away from the noise. The two rooms at the back of the condo by the parking lot were absolutely unusable for sleeping. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you are going on vacation to rest and relax. I came home more tired and stressed than when I left.

• Liked — Ocean proximity
  • Disliked — No beach and too noisy
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
6 Thank shaysma
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reviewed 20 February 2007

After reading many reviews noting how wonderful the Noelani is, I have to warn couples who want some privacy and quiet to think of staying somewhere else in Maui.

We stayed in a ground floor suite in the Anthurium Building. The view is gorgeous, (condo rather run down in general), however we constantly had a group of loud and screaming children right in f ront of our lanai. Children were everywhere. The kids beside us made a game of constantly peeking at us, so we felt that we couldn't even have the curtains open. Football was played right in front of our lanai. We did complain to management, but felt little could be done. Families are their bread and butter.

We constantly heard people running up and down the stairway, which was located directly in behind our bedroom. We were awoken by leaf blowers at around 7:00 a.m., so with that and the constant noise of kids, we definitely did not get a quiet day there.

If you have a family with lots of kids, I would definitely recommend it. They really seem to cater to families - it just wasn't the right place for us.

Stayed November 2006
7 Thank lirette
pasadena,california
Reviewed 20 February 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Noelani resort for 3 nights and loved our experience there. We literally were 20 feet away from the water and the ocean's roar lulled us to sleep every night.
The resort is in a wonderfully convenient location to several great snorkeling sites as well as restaurants and grocery stores.
The grounds are well-kept and clean. We used the well-stocked kitchen daily for most of our meal cooking as well as the bbq facilities.

If I had to complain about one thing about our 1 bdrm unit (#108) it would be that the bedroom, which faces the hallway corrider and not the ocean side, could be quite noisy. In fact, we ended up sleeping in the "living room" area which faces the ocean instead. This was fine with us and not at all a terrible inconvenience but perhaps an update in sound proofing the bedroom may be helpful.

Otherwise, we had an awesome stay at the Noelani and would definitely return again.

• Liked — the views from our lanai
  • Disliked — the bedroom--too noisy
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lhotse
Barrie Ontario
Reviewed 12 February 2007

We enjoyed our stay at Noelani. Great location,amazing view and well equiped condo. We used the on site BBQ one evening to cook our own mahi mahi.YUM! Pool well maintained and cleaned every day. No air conditioning but nice breeze from the balcony door and the ceiling fan. The only negative I would say is Bruce the concierge. Although well informed and knowledgeable he talks way too fast and for far too long (90 min) to appreciate what he may have to say. After we left his 'welcome breakfast' and didnt book any trips with him he told us as we were leaving that his "children wouldnt have any dinner that night." Now we know he was kidding but the guilt tactics are just tacky.
Enjoyed the location of the condo, the road to Hana, Lahaina and the beautiful scenary. You can borrow the road to Hana CD from the condo office so no need to buy you own.
Would definatly return and would definatly skip the welcome breakfast.

• Liked — location, view from the balcony
  • Disliked — concierge welcome breakfast
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Barriemeansbusiness
USA
Reviewed 28 January 2007

We stayed at the Noelani for a few nights almost a year ago. We are low-key people, and didn't want (or need) a resorty place, don't want or need to be coddled, nor want attention or special amenities. We just need a place to stay for a few nights to enjoy Maui. We got a good rate through an internet website (I don't remember which). It was a 2nd-floor studio with kitchen and balcony. I don't recall which unit we stayed in, but it was, I'm assuming, a timeshare owned by some other people and then rented out by Noelani (??). Other than to relax and enjoy ourselves in the room by having a leisurely morning before going out, and a relaxing evening after daily activities, we didn't make use of anything offered by the hotel (ie the resort's pool, concierge services, etc). I believe there is some sort of guest reception which is held poolside each night, but we were out of the room at that time.

Pros:
- Well stocked unit. We had towels, spare linens, a nice kitchen with dishes, pots, pans, full refrigerator, etc. Nice to get food/drinks so we didn't have to eat at a restaurant every meal.

- Our own lanai which was nice for morning coffee and evening wine. Beautiful view of Molokai and good for breezes (important, see below!!)

- Tiled shower, with separate vanity area. Perfect for two people to get ready.

- Ocean front property, we watched whales right from our lanai!

- Good rate!

Cons:
- NO AIR CONDITIONING!! We were hot and sticky!

- NOISE! Since there was no A/C, we had to leave the windows open. We heard noise from people (kids) at the pool, people walking past our room, people banging luggage on the steps outside our room, traffic from the streets, etc. The front door was not a solid door, it had a ventilation grate right in it, so even when it was closed it provided the auditory equivalent of a screen door.

- Second floor unit with no elevator - lugging suitcases up/down a staircase is not a great time.

- The property is ocean front, right on the water, but it is not a beach-front property. There *are* tons of other beaches on Maui so this was not a disappointment for us.

- This seemed to be a very family-friendly resort. If I was spending more money I would be disappointed by the presence of so many children.

- Perhaps this was unique to the decor of our unit, but we had a very, very large, full-wall mirror on the wall across from the bed. Unsettling... We wanted to find a sheet to cover it.

- Parking is limited and tight spaces (but free!).

My cons list is longer than my pros list, but these are cons that might be of importance/interest to other travellers. They weren't a big deal for us, and we'd return to the Noelani if we get to go back to Maui!

• Liked — We were left alone by other guests and staff
  • Disliked — Noise, no A/V
  • Stayed March 2006, travelled as a couple
13 Thank rainy4264
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2007

Well we are back from our dream christmas holiday in Maui. My how Maui has changed so fast paced in the towns and the highway always busy. We stayed on the beachfront condo here at the Noelani, the condo units we had were beautiful and the cleaning staff did an amazing job keeping the units cleaned and always with fresh towels. The bedrooms facing the main road were very noisy between the big trucks coming in for deliveries and the general traffic starting at about 530 am we were always awoken very early. At night we could hear people talking from outside balconies until about 2 am. I wish I would have taken the inside bedroom.
We were greeted on the first morning after arrival for our orientation to the island and condo. Bruce was our concierge., he talked so fast about things we couldn't really absorb too much as we had only arrived at our condo the night before at 1 am. This I think would have been better recieved the following day. I was glad I had done most of my planning before we got there. Yes I know there was 10 of us and it is hard to get everyone organized but we had so many different views. When we did book something we were pleased with what we did.
The luau we went to the FEAST AT LELE was the best even if it cost extra money it was well worth it. The entertainers were top notch, and the waiters we had were the best. They always made sure we never had an empty glass or that our plate was never left without food.
We booked our bike tour with mountain riders from Maui Adventures and again we picked the right one this one offered breakfast and a light lunch included in the price which none of the others did.
The golfing was great we went to Kaanapaali and the Makena paid big dollars and they were great and chanllenging but for my money and views I would by far choose the Municiple course it was only $40.00 and it was great.
We attended a snorkle cruise which I booked with Whale watchers and it was great, it included food and non alcoholic beverages, stopped at 2 spots and it was only $54.00 for a 5 hour cruise. The people on the boat were very knoledgeable about conservation of the sea life they were not out just to take your money.

Now to the condo itself as I said the condos were great lots of room and we had a view that was to die for. We could wake up every morning and watch for the turtles and look out to the ocean and saw some whales. The surfers liked the location it usually had a good surf. At night you could see the sun going down behind Lanai. If it rained you did get a beautiful rainbow, everything the other people wrote about.
There is only one thing I have to complain about, the morning we were leaving I had asked if we could stay in the room until 300p.m. no go they did let us stay until 1 but with my parents we were worried on what we were going to do for 7 hours, I had explained that my mom gets very anxious but that didn't matter to them. The room was not being used that night so I am not sure what they were worried about. It is funny they didn't seem to mind that we didn't get there until 1am the day of our arrival. Oh yes they would have rented us the room for 1/2 the rental for one night but we only needed it four extra hours.????Anyhow what can you dol

All in all I would definitely recommend this place as well as the island.

• Liked — The views
  • Disliked — The fact that we could not stay until 3 on day of leaving
  • Tips/Secrets — go for the orientation after one day of being there to absorb everything and look at some brochures before you go.
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family