“When you think of Maui, You think of The Guest House”
Review of Maui Guest House

Maui Guest House
Ranked #3 of 11 Lahaina B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 October 2009

The Maui Guest House is the number One place to stay on the island of Maui. The property is constantly upgrading which has made our stay each and every time we have come different, unique and relaxing. On this trip, we enjoyed a new salt water pool which was fun and our room was bigger and better than last year. The staff was also helpful and willing to help out in anyway possible. All in all, we had a great vacation....period. Thanks Maui Guest House!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 October 2009

I had such a good time here! I had my mother and best friend with me. And we just had a blast! There are amazing movies! The rooms are beautiful, and clean, plus the showers are cool. The breakfast was calm, it wasn't hectic like at hotels. You dont have to wait in line for breakfast, like you do at the hotels. Plus she recommends places to go and see. Its just super awesome there.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I did A LOT of research before booking my accomodations for our Maui trip in Sept '09 and finally decided on the Maui Guest House (couldn't decide between condo, large hotel, etc. etc.). Boy am I glad that we decided to stay here, because it was well worth the VERY reasonable rate, and made our stay so enjoyable.

Accomodations: The rooms are exactly how they look on their website... beautifully appointed, charming rustic Hawaiian-themed furniture, and of course the beautiful stained glass windows in every room! We had the smallest room, which was plenty big for the two of us (who spends much time in their room while in Maui anyway?! :P ) The tempur-pedic matress is TO DIE FOR, especially after a rough day of hiking or playing on the beach! Bathroom perfect: excellent water pressure, great water temp, etc. It seems like the entire house was recently remodeled: granite countertops, etc. Room was just lovely AND has A/C! I couldn't believe how many condos did not offer A/C, and if you're like me... can't sleep if it's too hot, so A/C in your room is fab!

Location: As the other reviews mentioned, this is in a residential area in Lahaina, not in the heart of Front Street or anything... but super easy access to Hwy 31, close to grocery stores, short drive to Front Street, minutes away from beaches in Ka'anapali, Napili (our fave), etc. Very convenient locale

Amenities: As mentioned on their website, they have beach items for you to use. What they don't mention is the GREAT condition they keep everything! The snorkel gear could have been brand new, all very comfy (Tanna even helped us to make sure we were getting the right sizes), boogie boards of every size, beach mats, coolers of every size... basically anything you need for the beach and more...and FRESH beach towels to use everyday!! That alone should have you booking this place now!

There is an excellent DVD collection should you need some evening entertainment, although the cable TV had ESPN which was enough for my honey :)

Breakfast each morning was lovely with a great spread of "continental"-style breakfast. As I'm sure you have read already, Maui has a law against BNBs preparing any food for their guests, but Maui Guest House makes up for that by providing pretty much anything you can think of... muffins, bagels, english muffins, toast, cereals, yogurts, fresh tropical fruit, etc. etc! The kitchen is also fully stocked should you want to prepare your own lunches, picnics, dinners, etc.

Laundry for you to wash your dirty beach clothes before you go home is AWESOME (I'm sitting here by the DVD collection on the house computer waiting for my laundry as I write this review).

The house is just lovely and charming... very clean (I don't know how they get all of the sand out of here!), quiet (never heard our house-mates walking about the house). Tanna and her staff are so friendly and accomodating, and are always around if you need them, but not in your business.

Will definitely be back again!!! Book your stay here and you won't regret it!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

A great B&B run by a lady who really, really likes her job. Outstanding customer care from suggesting a snorkeling outfit (with a discount) to arranging for us to check out late upon our return. There is almost nothing you could want or need that is not already provided or thought of by the host. Wish we could of stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2009

My wife and I enjoy traveling together and almost always choose to stay in Bed and Breakfasts. We feel that we get a little more of the local flavor and a little less of the tourist directed hype, and we have found a treasure on Maui. The Maui Guesthouse had everything we look for in a vacation lodging, and more. It's as though the entire house is designed for maximum comfort, beauty and a true desire to meet the guest's needs.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

My husband and 18 year old daughter recently stayed at the guesthouse for 10 days. The rooms were gorgeous, comfortable and immaculately clean. The hosts were friendly, and very helpful. I loved the convenient location, and many amenities. We enjoyed the pool/bbq deck, snorkel equipment and boogie boards, dvd library and large plasma screen tvs, lovely fresh continental breakfasts, jacuzzis in each room and deliciously comfortable beds. Tanna, the owner and an avid diver, has all kinds of items she is willing to share with her guests: an endless supply of beach towels, coolers, suntan lotions, everything necessary for laundry and cooking meals, a wealth of info on activities and a terrific laugh. The Maui Guesthouse was perfect for us. We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2009

The Maui Guest House in Lahaina is the best place I have ever stayed. I don't say this lightly. I have been many places in my life and this Guest House definitely tops all of the other accommodations in which I have stayed. The Guest House has a beautiful deck with a pool and a wonderful view (especially at sunset), wonderful fresh island fruit every morning, an entire wall of DVDs, high speed internet, a lot of information of tours and spectacles around the island, an extremely friendly, funny, and personable staff and host, and the rooms are beyond incredible. If you are looking for beautiful stained glass windows, roomy showers, the most comfortable beds ever made, beautifully carved wooden furniture, a plasma screen tv, and even a Jacuzzi in your room, then the Guest House is for you. Each room has its own special qualities. Sure, you could stay in a very wonderful suite found at the top of a well-known hotel, but you would be spending more money and getting less. While you would get amazing rooms in both scenarios, your sense of peace and your caring staff will be found at the Maui Guest House. With the clean, unique, beautiful, taste of Hawaiian culture, quiet, safe, and fashionable setting, you would never find a better place to stay during your time on Maui than at the Guest House in Lahaina.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family