Royal Lahaina Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$491
US$361
US$280
Official Website
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$237
US$457
US$434
US$1,093
US$1,053
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,299 results
All reviewsthe cottagestower roomgarden cottagepineapple waterroyal scoopocean viewblack rockour honeymoonwhalers villagemain towerbreakfast buffetfree trolleybeach barwelcome homekaanapali beachbeautiful beachmai tais
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with friends the week before Thanksgiving. we really enjoyed the hotel the room was good and the staff for the most part was really attentive. There are several things that could have been improved on though. The whole week we were there I tried to get wifi service in my room with no luck. I called the front desk they referred me to the Internet service. The internet service told me that they couldn't help because they weren't there and they told me to change rooms. I kept trying and half way through this day I got somebody from tech support at the hotel the and they gave me a key code for free internet in my room. The internet never worked even though I was willing to pay for it. I was forced to go downstairs where there were normally about 20 to 30 people on iPhones and computers and the service was slower than dial up. The hotel staff was great except for one exception. The staff at the morning buffet seemed somewhat distracted both times we went. The last concern I had was we tried to upgrade to an oceanfront room but were informed in them. I'm not sure why a hotel would have so many 2 double bed rooms facing the ocean. Other than those three minor things our stay was wonderful. We love the room and the hotel. I would have no problem staying here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Aloha Lars. Thank you for the positive review, happy to read that you loved the room and hotel and would stay with us in the future. Sorry about the wifi problems, this is an area we are currently addressing and are very intent on improving. We have some additional enhancements to the internet service scheduled for implementation the first part of January and are hopeful this will resolve any current inconsistencies. Mahalo.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had a fantastic stay here so I hate even writing this review but I have to ask. Did anyone else have any personal property, clothes, etc. go missing from the room? Everything was wonderful until it came time to leave and one of my most expensive blouses (approx. $200) I had brought was missing. I assumed it was in my husband's suitcase despite my noticing it missing when I packed and left without inquiring since we were in a hurry. After getting home it turns out it was not there. I called and nothing was turned in to housekeeping. Thinking back I don't recall seeing it after our 2nd night. I wore it the first night so I know it was there. Just curious if anyone else has had a problem.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Aloha. Glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay. Sorry to read that your blouse is missing. Our Housekeeping and Security Personnel are very conscientious about securing and logging items that are found around the property and in rooms after guest departures, so I am confident that we will have a record of your blouse if it was found. I will follow up directly with you to see if I can assist further with this. Mahalo.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here from Nov 30, 2013 - Dec 6, 2013. The resort was gorgeous! The Front Office staff was extremely friendly and welcoming, housekeeping did a spot on job and the servers at the restaurant for breakfast were so nice. We did the Luau while there, which was good, but rained 85% of the time, but the staff were on their toes for the weather by handing out ponchos for every guest in attendance. Overall we loved our experience at the Royal Lahaina and would stay again in a heart beat! There are only a few things that could use a very small bit of improvement. It is extremely difficult to find parking in the evening, which is a good problem to have from the hotel's perspective. But the parking spots are so small, you are within inches of cars on either side of you. It was a little disappointing that there was not free wireless in each room, but not enough to cause a fuss. I mean you are on vacation in Hawaii, there should be no reason you should need a wireless connection for anything!

It was a great stay and I would like to extend a big MAHALO to the staff at the Royal Lahaina Resort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Aloha Michael. Thank you for the 5 Star rating and the feedback on your stay. Glad to read that you loved your experience. The Royal Lahaina is a very popular resort and for this reason our parking lot can get full in the evenings, although there are always spots available. Valet Parking is also available for those who prefer the convenience of that service. We are currently reviewing our in-room internet connectivity options. Currently this service is provided by an outside provider and there is a $10 charge, however we do offer free internet connectivity in our lobby and we also have two complimentary computer stations with internet connectivity available in our Guest Relations Office. Thank you again. We hope we can welcome you back to Maui soon. Mahalo.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon. We initially booked a cottage room but we decided to upgrade to an ocean view room (at a cost) after one night stay in the cottage room which was very dated. The difference between the ocean view room (8th floor) and the cottage room is huge - It was like staying at a completely different hotel. Don't bother with the cottage unless you like being bitten by mosquitoes.

Overall we had a very enjoyable stay and were very pleased with the location of the hotel - there is a lovely beach right on your doorstep and it's about a 5 minute walk from black rock where all the turtles are! All the staff were very attentive but found one of the receptionists quite sarcastic while we were checking in. He asked us if we were celebrating a special occasion, which we were (our honeymoon) and then proceeded to say you get 1 free photo with our photographer to celebrate this occasion. Seriously? We flew all the way from the UK to get one lousy photo from your photographer? Royal Lahaina please train your staff not to make such laughable offers to your guests - it was actually an insult. The leaflet went straight into the bin!

Apart from that, we loved our stay at this hotel and would recommend a stay here but only in the tower and not the cottages.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roonaldo77
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Aloha. Thank you for feedback on your visit. We appreciate you making the trip all the way from the UK and are happy to hear you loved the resort and had a wonderful Honeymoon. With regard to the Photo Session Amenity, I am confident that our Front Desk Agent was sincerely passing along this information. In the past we used to send a bottle of sparkling wine to couples celebrating their honeymoons and anniversaries (like many resorts), but now instead provide a complimentary photo session on our resort grounds with a professional photographer and a complimentary photo from that session. Many of our guests enjoy this photo amenity and have indicated that it is much more meaningful and lasting than the sparkling wine. Mahalo.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I send people to this resort all the time and finally had a chance to experience it myself after a 3 year ago visit. It truly did not disappoint! From the moment we began the check in process (and allowing us to check in early) to the moment we opened our door to the upgraded oceanview room I was mesmerized. The room was spacious, modern and well appointed and the view was to die for. Lots of counter space and ammenities including free wifi in the lobby. The beach was awesome, the pool excellent and the restaurant was the perfect ending with a singer and hula dancer to provide low key entertainment while we enjoyed the sunset and ate our pizza....this is in my opinion one of the BEST places in Maui to stay and I will be forever sending my clients here again and again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank FirstClass1
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Aloha. Glad we were able to exceed your expectations from your visit three years ago. Really appreciate the kind feedback and thank you for your professional recommendations of the Royal Lahaina to your clients. Mahalo!