“Nice stay with caveats” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Lahaina
Roswell, Georgia
“Nice stay with caveats”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Our travel agent booked the wrong accommodation, so we were presented with options and chose to stay in the second floor cottage M. We really enjoyed the cottage, spacious with 2 bathrooms and kitchen, but needs updated renovations. We had a problem with bug wings all over the bathroom sink. Housekeeping was notified and the problem was addressed. However the bug wings did return. No thermostat control in cottage. It's either cold or cold. We did not care for the resort policy that arrangements for late check out could not be made until the day of checkout. They should have more options for travelers with late night flights. The grounds are beautiful. The beach is not as wide as the website photo depicts. Even still, we had a nice stay. Uncertain if we'll stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David T
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Aloha. Thank you for the feedback on your stay. Glad to read that you had a nice stay despite the issues that you mention. I an advise that standard guest check-out time is 12 noon. Although it cannot be guaranteed until the day of departure, our new Royal Rewards program provides guests with a complimentary late check-out based upon availability for applicable bookings. Details on this program can be found on our website. Mahalo.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (941)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were here 2 summers ago & returned with our kids along with parents & 2 other families. The others had not been to Maui & I recommended LH to everyone, they all loved it. We all know everything in Hawaii is expensive so this place is just awesome for the price. Yes, some of the other resorts have a little more...fancy pools...but you still have everything you need here...we were in the ocean most of the time anyway. Had an awesome time. Beautiful accommodations in the main tower with a partial view that is amazing (& worth the upgrade). The staff was always so friendly & helpful. Love the location! close to restaurants, shopping & there is a shuttle that goes to Lahaina for a small fee.

One thing no one had mentioned was the "hospitality room" they have available on the day you depart. You sign up the morning you leave with a specific time to use a room to shower & cleanup. They only give you 30 minutes but after a long day of snorkeling on a boat cruise we all were in dire need since we had a 9:30pm flight. This was really great & I have never encountered this at any hotel previously. Remember to do this as soon as the desk opens (5am), it is on a 1st come, 1st serve basis & is completely complimentary.

Room Tip: Main tower with a partial view of ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank trishp68
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Aloha Trish. Thank you for returning to the Royal Lahaina. So glad that you were equally pleased with your choice on your return visit. Aside from the hospitality room you mention, which is a great option for those leaving on late evening flights, we also provide complimentary late check-outs based upon availability for guests on our Royal Rewards program. Additional details regarding that program can be found on our website. Mahalo.
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week for our honeymoon. We booked the place through a travel agent and when we got there is was everything we hoped it would be! It looks just like the pictures on their website. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We were able to snorkel right at the beach that is in walking distance from the hotel, we attended their luau which was better than we imagined and also took part in their sunset cruise which was our favorite part. I highly recommend this resort!!! Can't wait to go back for one of our anniversaries!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maryhelen K
Aloha Maryhelen. Thank you very much for the positive review and recommendation. Glad that we were able to assist in making your honeymoon everything that you had hoped for. We will look forward to welcoming you back. Mahalo.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spent four nights at this resort. Upon check in we were advised that they had overbooked and as we had children they had upgraded us from an ocean view room to a suite. The suite was just beautiful and was huge just perfect for our family. My parents room was next door so that made it really easy to go from room to room. The view from our balcony was just breathtaking and the resort itself with tennis courts, gold course, green lawns and swimming pools was beautiful. We used most of the facilities on offer and loved the poolside bar especially happy hour. There was just a really lovely feel about this resort. The beach was never crowded and the water was crystal clear and warm. We took the free trolley on offer to Whaler's Village then realised we could walk from our hotel quite easily if we wanted to eat out at night. We ate at the restaurant for dinner one night and the steak I ordered was absolutely delicious. They also had entertainment at the restaurant every night. We loved sitting on our balcony before dinner watching the sunset over the ocean. We even got to watch a wedding take place which was just beautiful. A short walk from the resort towards Whalers Village was black rock on this part of the beach is the most amazing snorkelling. It was much busier but we did not mind as there were so many fish and turtles I don't think my kids ever left the water for the whole three hours we were there. Overall the only negative I had during our stay was the cost of a call to another Island free at all the other hotels we had stayed at but was $6 minute which I thought was very expensive. When I raised this with reception as I needed to call to confirm my transfer they called the company and confirmed it for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Metina R
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Aloha Metina. Thank you for having selected the Royal Lahaina and for the positive review. Happy to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay, were pleased with the resort and found Maui "heavenly". We hope that you all will return. Mahalo.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had booked a holiday for my 50th as a present to myself with one of the Hawaiian islands being a must! My travel agent booked Maui for me and the hotel and I must admit that when I read the reviews, I was a little bit apprehensive.
I got to the airport and the Speedi shuttle rep came looking for me. When I got my case, she got me a shuttle and my suitcase was loaded up for me. The driver was great and we actually share the same birthday. He told me places to visit and when we got to the hotel, helped with my suitcase and the bell boys showed me where to go to check in. I had a cottage room and was taken there via golf cart which was brilliant!!! The reception staff and the bell boys were great and very helpful.
The room was facing the golf course and when I sat out on the lanai (patio) there was a hedge that gave me my privacy and still didn't block the sun. The room was big, had plenty of storage space and was very clean. It had a safe, a big shower, a coffee making machine and a fridge which was stocked with bottles of water daily! Yes the room was basic and needed a little bit of TLC but they are in the middle of renovating all the cottages and I didn't want to stay in the tower as it was like having my own little house in Maui!
I loved the hotel, the food was good and not that expensive but I did try other restaurants and I found a good chinese restaurant at the Fairway shops. Whalers Village was a short walk or a trolley ride (depending on how lazy you are feeling) and I stocked up with coffee and milk from the shop down there. I would recommend going to the Lahaina Village and having a look round and you can't miss going to the Banyan tree! Amazing! I also went on The Road to Hana trip booked while I was at the hotel. If you hire a car, you are not insured to take the whole road so I would go on the van journey which was the best experience. You also get to experience the hairpin bends!!!
The beach at the hotel was pristine and I spent my time there rather then the pools. The pools were great too and not busy but I do love my snorkelling so its the beach everytime. And we were honoured by a visit every day from a monk seal which was moulting and chose that beach to lie on.
I didn't get to meet my cleaners as I was out of the room but they were brilliant. And so was the lad who came to fix a small problem with my sink. The restaurant staff were good and the service was excellent but I can't say enough good things about the bar staff! Eric, Mark and Jose, thank you for making my stay the best. Thank you for talking to me and making me laugh and for keeping the Becks stocked! A couple that I met at the bar the night before my birthday (you know who you are if you are reading this review) told Eric it was my birthday and for the rest of my stay, I was known as birthday girl! Excellent service all the time, thank you.
I had a very relaxing holiday and I am hoping to come again.

Room Tip: If the aircon gets a bit noisy, turn it off and open up the patio door and pull the screen across. T...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Claire W
Aloha Claire (aka Birthday Girl). Sounds like a very happy 50th birthday holiday indeed! Love reading how much you enjoyed the island and resort. I will be sure to share your kind praise with our guys at the bar. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Mahalo.
Thomasville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

From the moment I was greeted by the gate keeper "Aloha Vickie, welcome home...You're home now! Welcome" It set the tone to a fabulous 9 days of fun in the sun with the nicest most helpful staff! One bad point, I had my wedding dress steamed out from my travels and they sent it out and it cost me 104.00 which was crazy. They cost when I returned home to have the same thing done at my local dry cleaners here was 20.00 Other than that, everything was perfect and this is the most peaceful and beautiful place in the world with breathtaking views ...totally amazing trip!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CarolinaChic74
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Aloha Vickie. Thank you for the 5-star rating and for selecting the Royal Lahaina to celebrate your honeymoon. So happy to read that you had an amazing trip and enjoyed our beautiful Island of Maui. We hope to welcome you back again. Mahalo.
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 8 nights for a conference & several days of relaxing after. We had a standard room in the tower with a pretty good view of the ocean. The room was clean, large & comfortable beds. Our housekeeper, Cora, was so very nice & took good care of us. Our room was on 6th floor over the front entrance. We should have asked for another room as we could hear lots of noise. The service from every employee was outstanding. The ice creame shop closes at 7 pm. To late for an after dinner dessert. They have a nice large gift shop/store. The pool is not large & is very close to the restaurant. There is a smaller pool close by. The beach was not crowded & great for swimming. This hotel is not within walking distance from other restaurants. The hotel has only 1 place to eat. There is a free trolley that runs about every 1/2 hour to take you to a nice shopping center that has many dining options. The excellent service makes up for some of the short comings.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dale R
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Aloha Dale. Thank you very much for the positive feedback. So glad that you were pleased with the service. The shopping area you refer to is Whalers Village. The free trolley is available or it is about a 15 minute walk along the Beach Walk from the resort. I will be sure to share your kind review with Cora. Mahalo.