“Great fresh food”

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fresh food”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stopped here after zip lining at the Piiholo Ranch, one of our guides (Dave) told us of a good restaurant. (We asked) It was amazing food, very fresh an organic. Will definitely go back again

Visited August 2013

Madison
“Incident with bug in food, poor reaction from staff, okay food.”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Ate here last week with my family of 5 on recommendation from another business. Food was okay, nothing special, and pricey ($4 per beverage, $12 per sandwich). The kicker was when I noticed a dead bug in my side salad. I had only eaten half of my sandwich and a few bites of side salad at this point. I alerted the food server who exclaimed "oh no, a bug in your salad!". She then promptly removed my plate and brought it over to the rest of the staff. After inspecting my salad, one of the servers (owner? chef?) with very long and loose, curly hair (that she kept touching-ewww!), shrugged her shoulders and walked away. My family continued on with their mediocre meal while I waited for them to be done. The staff completely ignored my table until the bill was due. No apology. No offer to bring something different. No attempts to make it right. When the bill was brought over by the server, a deserved apology was finally given and the server pointed out that they only charged me for half the sandwich. I guess this was the part without the bug? I would not recommend this restaurant due to poor customer service and mediocre food.

• Visited July 2013
Burbank, California
“good for The Money”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

good Food for The money, and the brownies were awesome!
the atmosphere the service and the place very good

• Visited June 2013
Carson City, Nevada
“Excellent off- the- beaten path find”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This place had been recommended by a friend and made the journey for lunch. Salads were a real winner and the blackened shutome to accompany them was about the best fish we had on our 10 day trip. Prices reasonable compared to many of the touristy spots. Worth a trip.

• Visited June 2013
Makawao, Hawaii, United States
“Over-rated”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The space is lovely, both the indoor seating and the courtyard, surrounded by flowering trees and art galleries, in the middle of historic Makawao town on Maui. I watched this space change hands several times and although I wanted to be a fan, I just don't think it's worth the effort on my part. The food is okay, but not great. The service can be slow because there's usually only one waitperson and on a busy day, that's a tough assignment. The owner is very nice but I wish the food was better. With a very limited menu, I expect really superiors items. This one isn't bad, but it is not superior. They could be, easily. And I hope they will.

Visited May 2013