We stayed here for 6 days while on vacation in Maui. We were three adults and two kids and we rented two cottages. The grounds are beautiful, as others have said, lush and tropical and with sweeping views down to the ocean. The pool is just big enough for a real swim and there are hammocks and swings nestled in the huge banyan trees. Like other guests who come here, we liked the location, near Makawao and far from the hordes of resort tourists. Makawao is a funky and cool little place and it has one of the best bakerys on the island - Komodo bakery. Watch out, the donuts and guava filled pastries are addictive! The hotel is also close to excellent hikes and is so central that you can get to most beaches in less than 30 minutes.
The host of Banyan Tree is the unflappable Marty - he is very cool, very welcoming and when we had a mini crisis about our flights at the end of our visit, he smoothed the waters and promised to find space for us in his yoga studio if we could not get on the plane.
All in all, this is an excellent choice in Maui unless you just have to be right by the beach. My only recommendation to improve the place is: get new bedding! The cottages are perfectly appointment and very nicely furnished, but the beds would be greatly improved by some new firmer mattresses and a few duvets instead of the blanket and quilt combos on there now.
That's it though - come here, stay here, settle in and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banyan Tree House, a Maui bed and breakfast with 3 cottages and 4 suites in a wonderful, old plantation house. A quiet retreat in a central island location that is close, yet wonderfully removed from Maui's hotel / resort beachfront crowds. Simply overflowing with Aloha and Hawaii-ana. Giant tropical trees create a peaceful, shady 2.11 Acre oasis a midst giant tropical trees, flowers and sunny open lawns with a 50' swimming pool and Jacuzzi and fully equipped Yoga Studiio There is an additional total $400 cleaning charge when renting the entire property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Banyan Bed and Breakfast Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Banyan Tree House Hotel Makawao
- Banyan Bed And Breakfast Retreat Maui/Makawao, Hawaii