I just came back from a wonderful 5 days, staying in the Ginger Room at the Banyan Bed and Breakfast retreat. Marty and his wife were very gracious hosts. Marty drove me to get to the store in town the first day before the retreat started since it was raining, so I would have some food for dinner that night, and lunch the next day before the retreat began. The room had a nice little refrigerator and all the equipment I needed (microwave, coffee pot, dishes, glasses, silverware, can opener, etc) to prepare those two meals for myself. Marty's wife graciously replaced the coffee maker when it didn't seem to work, and Marty showed me how to work with the clock in the room that I had trouble figuring out. I felt that whatever I needed they would do their best to provide, so I felt very taken care of!
The bed was extremely comfortable and I took advantage of that the first day to recover from my lack of sleep due to jet lag and preparing for an early flight and the long plane trip from NY to Maui. The next morning Marty's wife left me a nice little breakfast tailored to my vegetarian life style!
And each night I was there I happily climbed into that comfy bed and went right to sleep!
The room was large, and the comfortable couch served both as my meditation seat and as my "office chair" while working on my computer! The room was equipped with WiFi and I was able to access it without a password, so I could make all the internet connections I needed to make.
The large room where we met for the retreat was comfortable and bright and the kitchen well stocked with cooking equipment that made it easier for our chef to serve us the delicious meals we enjoyed.
I had one swim in the nice pool (the water temperature was perfect) and enjoyed some time sitting on the pool deck enjoying the sunshine, in between retreat sessions.
The whole stay left me with a pleasant feeling for the Banyan Bed and Breakfast Retreat so I am happy to recommend it to others travelling to the east side of Maui!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banyan Tree House, a Maui bed and breakfast with 3 cottages and 4 suites in a wonderful, old plantation house. A quiet retreat in a central island location that is close, yet wonderfully removed from Maui's hotel / resort beachfront crowds. Simply overflowing with Aloha and Hawaii-ana. Giant tropical trees create a peaceful, shady 2.11 Acre oasis a midst giant tropical trees, flowers and sunny open lawns with a 50' swimming pool and Jacuzzi and fully equipped Yoga Studiio There is an additional total $400 cleaning charge when renting the entire property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Banyan Bed and Breakfast Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Banyan Tree House Hotel Makawao
- Banyan Bed And Breakfast Retreat Maui/Makawao, Hawaii