I absolutely loved the Banyan Tree, I was there in Jan. 2009 for 3 weeks. The owner Marty and the caretakers are amazing people, super responsive and helpful. The place is very easy to get to, walking distance from the marvelous Makawao and not too far from the beach. The accommodations are great, in response to the previous review I should stress that during the winter season the pool is not cold if you first take a dip in the hot tub :-), during the summer the pool is perfect. There is basketball and table tennis for the interested. Cheers, Niko
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banyan Tree House, a Maui bed and breakfast with 3 cottages and 4 suites in a wonderful, old plantation house. A quiet retreat in a central island location that is close, yet wonderfully removed from Maui's hotel / resort beachfront crowds. Simply overflowing with Aloha and Hawaii-ana. Giant tropical trees create a peaceful, shady 2.11 Acre oasis a midst giant tropical trees, flowers and sunny open lawns with a 50' swimming pool and Jacuzzi and fully equipped Yoga Studiio There is an additional total $400 cleaning charge when renting the entire property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Banyan Bed and Breakfast Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Banyan Tree House Hotel Makawao
- Banyan Bed And Breakfast Retreat Maui/Makawao, Hawaii