Our flight left late in the evening the day after we had to vacate our condo in Kehei. We wanted an inexpensive place because we were going to have to pay for 2 nights in order to stay late the day we were leaving. "The Banyan Tree" was the perfect place. The cost for two nights was the same or less than it would have been for 1 night in most beach hotels in Maui. The real treat was that it was so pleasant and it was a great change from South Maui. We toured the Hana highway the first day and it was very convenient to return to Makawao for the evening. The day of our flight it rained, but it didn't stop us from touring the upcountry, Olinda and Kula, before returning to "The Banyan Tree" for an afternoon nap before our flight. We had a cute cottage which was nicely decorated with nice fixtures and tiles, and new curtains. There was plenty of room for the three in our family. It was nice to hear the sound of rain on the palms and banana trees after a week in an air conditioned enclosed condo. The only negative was the mosquitos. They came in quickly. Despite that, "The Banyan Tree" was a beautiful place to end our vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banyan Tree House, a Maui bed and breakfast with 3 cottages and 4 suites in a wonderful, old plantation house. A quiet retreat in a central island location that is close, yet wonderfully removed from Maui's hotel / resort beachfront crowds. Simply overflowing with Aloha and Hawaii-ana. Giant tropical trees create a peaceful, shady 2.11 Acre oasis a midst giant tropical trees, flowers and sunny open lawns with a 50' swimming pool and Jacuzzi and fully equipped Yoga Studiio There is an additional total $400 cleaning charge when renting the entire property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Banyan Bed and Breakfast Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Banyan Tree House Hotel Makawao
- Banyan Bed And Breakfast Retreat Maui/Makawao, Hawaii