“Great attraction”

Piiholo Ranch Zipline
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Piiholo Ranch Zipline offers side-by-side zip tours, treetop zip tours, hiking tours, and a Zip & Waterfall Hike Combo tour. The Side-by-Side Zip Course features guided tours that zip high over trees and deep ravines with spectacular views from Upcountry Maui and the famous Piiholo Hill. The premier 5 Line Zip Tour is a wild ride that finishes with the longest side-by-side zipline in Maui -- over half a mile long! A different kind of guided zipline adventure awaits on the Treetop Zipline Course! Soar high above the Kahakapao Valley from tree to tree, experience flying sensations swooping down into the valley on platforms high in the eucalyptus rain forest, sail through canopy tunnels, and explore the Pirate Ship Tree House. Choose your adventure!
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This crew are true professionals. The attraction is 5 star due mainly to the excellent staff. They were friendly, engaging, fun and safe.
We had an 8 year old girl and a 79 year old grandma in our group!
Well done to the fine staff and the management on a very slick operation

All reviews
"the staff was great"
in 12 reviews
"great fun"
in 30 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 10 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 29 reviews
"an absolute blast"
in 9 reviews
"these guys"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I've spent a lot of years hanging around in harnesses while rock climbing, mountaineering and skydiving. So after looking at photos of every zipline company on Maui, I chose Piiholo Ranch as the only place I felt comfortable taking my family. Other places had too much frayed and knotted webbing, no chest harness, or required you to hold yourself upright or try not to spin. Many had small metal-wheeled trolleys too. Not Piiholo. Piiholo has modified parasailing harnesses that cradle you from your knees to you shoulders and keep you facing forward but still give you plenty of freedom to move and look around, and the harness and webbing materials are in great condition. Their "trolleys" are thick welded aluminum with 2 large urethane wheels on bearings. Their hardware is solid and redundant. Their safety practices, their launch and landing routines (no running landings here!), VERY SAFE. And yet, with all this attention to safety, you can still get the heebie-jeebies stepping off the platform on a LONG, FAST zipline HUNDREDS of feet over a lush green canyon with views to the ocean! For me, knowing that I'm safe let's me enjoy the thrill even more. Saving the best for last, I have to mention the Piiholo staff. After answering a million questions over the phone, Crystal cheerfully took my reservation. She was extremely helpful during a free separate calls. Once on site, Lionel got our group of 7 all set up and led us through the 5-line zip tour assisted by Billy and Cody. These guys were a great team and made our day tons of fun! They didn't rush us, made sure that we were comfortable, and kept us laughing and smiling all afternoon! My family and I had a fantastic time at Piiholo Ranch Zipline, and will return on our next trip to Maui! BIG MAHALO PIIHOLO RANCH!

1  Thank KEMILLARD
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I am so scared of heights but this Maui vacation was one of a lifetime and I really wanted to try out zip-lining. We opted for the 4 line adventure and it was AMAZING. The staff are awesome, I told them that I was scared of heights and once I had got to the top of the first tower for the first line, they had put me at ease so much that I was happily sitting in the harness suspended on the line while waiting for the others in the group to get strapped in.

This was one of the major highlights of the vacation, sure it got scary again at the last line, only because of the climb up to the tower on a suspension bridge in the wind - but again, the guides helped me all the way and I had already built full confidence in them on the first line - they really ARE that good.

I fully recommend this adventure and the wonderful people at the Ranch - don't miss it !

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We loved Piholo Ranch Zipline, it was a thrilling experience. They take very good care of you and safety is major priority for them. The zip lines themselves are a lot of fun, you can see for miles as you zip away down the line. The guides are extremely friendly and very knowledgeable not only about the zip lines but also about Hawaiian culture and fauna. I can't wait to zipline again someday, and if it's in Hawaii, Piholo Ranch will be my choice of locations!