“Amazing time and staff!”

Piiholo Ranch Zipline
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Piiholo Ranch Zipline offers side-by-side zip tours, treetop zip tours, hiking tours, and a Zip & Waterfall Hike Combo tour. The Side-by-Side Zip Course features guided tours that zip high over trees and deep ravines with spectacular views from Upcountry Maui and the famous Piiholo Hill. The premier 5 Line Zip Tour is a wild ride that finishes with the longest side-by-side zipline in Maui -- over half a mile long! A different kind of guided zipline adventure awaits on the Treetop Zipline Course! Soar high above the Kahakapao Valley from tree to tree, experience flying sensations swooping down into the valley on platforms high in the eucalyptus rain forest, sail through canopy tunnels, and explore the Pirate Ship Tree House. Choose your adventure!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Throughout the duration of the trip, which was 3 hours, the smiles never left my family's faces! It was partly because of the attraction, but the staff was outstanding! Shoutout to Matt and Ryan, both of which were hilarious, yet made sure everything was safe and secure! Can't say enough good things! This is a great choice and will be returning.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was by far the best adventure that we have done on the island of Maui. Our group ranges from 8 years to 65 years. They were able to make accommodations for everyone. Everyone in our group had a blast. The guides were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area, we heard many great stories about the area and it's legends. We are thinking about making this another adventure in several days.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I booked the five line zip line at Piiholo Ranch. We were pretty disappointed that it started to rain on our drive over there (and we were kind of hoping they would cancel it so we could go on a sunny day, but they didn't). They gave us rain coats and we met our guide, Jonathan. Jonathan was AWESOME. Seriously - we wanted to go back and hire Jonathan to tour Maui with us! He was funny, nice, encouraging, and just an all-around cool person to spend a few hours with. When I admitted I was nervous before the final jump, he started asking me questions and telling jokes to take my mind off my nerves. He stayed calm and that kept everyone else calm, and he seemed to be having a good time the entire time - even though it was cold and wet and raining - and that positive attitude rubbed off on everyone else. He was a really funny guy and so nice. My husband and I both thought he was a really outstanding and professional employee. Piiholo Ranch is really lucky to have him.

We started by walking across a skinny, swaying bridge, then sat on these stumps in a circle and went over proper techniques with Angelica. (She was also really nice and super encouraging. She told us a lot about the area and had some great food recommendations; we tried two of the places she suggested and really enjoyed them!). There was also another guy assisting as well.

Next we hiked up to the top of what looked like a not-so-high zip - but once we were up there it got a little scarier looking! Jonathan was very careful about safety and made sure everyone was latched in safely whenever they were on the platform. I really appreciated how he went over all the safety rules and then made sure everyone followed them. This is a place that really cares about safety.

The first jump was scary, but after that it wasn't as scary - until the last one. On the third line, I got a little scared because I looked down and I totally forgot my signals. I looked to my guy at the end of the line and he wasn't doing anything, so I "starfished" - thinking that was what we did at the end. He started giving me a signal but I couldn't see anything; rain water got into my contacts and made them all weird. Star fishing was not the right choice, and I slammed into the brake and hit my (helmet-encased) head pretty hard. Thank goodness for those helmets. I ended up with two cuts and a nasty bump (this was July 19 and I still have a bit of a bump). As long as you remember to LEAN BACK and feet up at the end, this won't happen to you. And if it is raining, I would bring goggles next time. I was a little shook up and then totally overcompensated on the fourth line and almost didn't make it across, but by the fifth line I felt like I had gotten the hang of things and I made it across without incident!

The group made it fun for all of us and it was a really nice bonding experience with everyone. I had such a good time meeting everyone and experiencing this new thrill with my husband. Justin and I both agreed that this was our absolute favorite thing to do in Maui. Thank you to the team we worked with, and especially to Jonathan! You're awesome and so positive!! Please tip these guys at the end; they work hard to make this a great experience. It was really thanks to them that it was so fun. They are so enthusiastic and encouraging, plus I appreciated the attention to safety. We had a blast!! I can't wait to return to Maui and go zip lining again at Piiholo Ranch with Jonathan as our guide! Thanks!!

2  Thank SummerLove11
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

It was a fun outing. The staffs are great and safety conscious. They observed and worked with the groups making sure that we were all comfortable with it. We took the 4 line group And it was great. The staffs took the time to chat with us. They also showed and explained the plants and told us a legend. It was great

1  Thank Hongkongee
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We chose this company because their ziplines included the longest one in the area and how their zips work…very comfortable set up so look at the pictures so you know how you'll be zipping along. They are VERY safe (impressed this insurance person) and were a lot of fun, too. The staff did not seem bored with their job despite doing it over and over - - Mouse provided a great photo bomb which makes for a more interesting picture than any staged one - thanks! :)

2  Thank Robin M