“I didn't get the point.”

The Sacred Garden of Maliko
Ranked #11 of 33 things to do in Makawao
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sacred Garden is free and open to the public daily, 10-5. We have a 10,000 sq. ft. greenhouse nursery full of beautiful tropical plants as well as 2 labyrinths for walking meditations, a shrine room, a beautiful Buddha Garden, water lily ponds, and sitting or picnic areas. Whether you come to contemplate and pray, grieve or celebrate, write in our community journals or use the art table, read a book in the library, share time with friends or spend some time in silent surrender, The Sacred Garden offers something for everyone.Operated by the Divine Nature Alliance, a non-profit dedicated to education, rejuvenation and inspiration. Come, experience peace!
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Of course, seeing this place on tripadvisor made us want to go there. However, we went in, saw a little shop with a few things here and there, going out to the garden we saw the labyrinth which we didn't get the point of and then we left. There are so many nicer places in Maui, don't waste it here.

1  Thank rozinka

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Drive mauka (up-country) from your home or hotel and spend a spiritual time in a special garden near Makawao. Eve, Kathy, Nancy, and Bodhi are the hosts of a magical pocket garden -- like a pocket beach but with plants and spiritual reminders of who you really are in this life.

If you are a visitor from another island or continent, this is a place to sit for a time and meditate on the power of being on Maui. Perhaps a stone, carving, sculpture, or small bit of pottery from a local kiln will find its way into your checked baggage on your return home, It did fir me.

If you are a Maui resident, this is a place where you can connect with plants and spiritual symbols that can make your backyard a place of peace, growth, and joy. Seriously.

If your are a dog, you'll like Bodhi. But he's neutered, so you won't really LOVE him.

I got hugs at the Sacred Gardens, and I'm holding them in my long-term memory.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed in Haiku during my last trip to Maui and I drove past The Sacred Garden many times. I only wish that I had visited sooner. I arrived first thing in the morning and walked the labyrinth. One of the ladies that works there told me that an open meditation session was starting at the Buddha statue in a bit and that I was welcome to join in. I didn't participate, but I felt an inner peace seeing a few people sitting quietly in a circle in silent meditation. If you're looking for a peaceful island experience and a taste of true island spirit, this is the place to visit. It will change you.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Very peaceful & Beautiful garden atmosphere.A gift shop & snacks available for purchase.Places to sit throughout,read a book or just meditate.Employees friendly & helpful.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Such a gem. More than just a place to shop for sure. We were invited to longer as long as we wanted to and we did. You can sit with Buddha and meditate if you wish, you can walk a labyrinth, you can have some complimentary tea, you can sit and read, you can just simply be at peace. And you can also shop for some really cool things from plants to jewelry. Such a gem.