“A barrel of laughs! Fun, informative, island hospitality at it's best.”

Maui Country Farm Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$200.00*
and up
Half-Day Kula Coffee Tour
Ranked #7 of 13 Tours in Makawao
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalized Farm Tours on Maui. We do groups up to twenty and private tours. Scenic Ho`okipa, Pineapple Country, Kula Country Farms, Maui's Winery, Ulupalakua Ranch, The Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm, Surfing Goat Dairy, Ocean Vodka Organic Farm and Distillery. We also visit West Maui Coffee Farm and will customize a tour for you such as coffee farm,Dragon Fruit Farm, Lahaina Animal farm, taro farms and flower farms. Want to see Proteas, Asparagus, orchids, native plants? Perhaps shopping and galleries too? We'll design a tour for you. he tours begin in Kahului at Whole Foods 70 Ka`ahumanu Ave and the Harbors but we also pick up at the hotels in Wailea or Kaanapali for additional fee.
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Marilyn was a hoot and a great guide for our Upcountry tour. Her energy was contagious and we learned so much on the tour through the pineapple farm, lavender fields, pineapple winery, and ranch. Marilyn's never met a flower she didn't like and we were impressed with her knowledge of every plant we came across. A great storyteller (and dare I say Ukelele player?), we were well fed, and well entertained.

We wish we could have done more in-depth stops over at the pineapple fields (those still in action) and if I were to book this tour again, I think I'd customize it a bit (would add in surfing goat/ocean vodka or the coffee farm and remove the trip to the coast at the end).

All in all, great tour, Marilyn is very flexible so work with her to craft the farm tour you're most interested in. Our favorite stop was the lavender farm - a must!

Jamarilyn, Owner at Maui Country Farm Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Aloha,
I had a great time with your group. Yes, I'd love to take you to Surfing Goat Dairy and the beautiful Ocean Vodka Organic Farm and Distillery. It's gorgeous. Enjoyed your enthusiasm and young energy. I really appreciate you writing and offering suggestions. Thank you again.

~ Marilyn

"real maui"
in 4 reviews
"pride of america"

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Marilyn is friendly and very knowledgable about the history of the island as well as the various farms we visited do even the drive from farm to farm was interesting. We were entertained from the moment the van picked us up!! By the end of the tour we felt like we'd known her forever!!! I will go back and I will call them!!! I can't say enough good about them!!! And I'm hard to please!

1  Thank Travelbug626
Jamarilyn, Owner at Maui Country Farm Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Aloha Debbie,
I'm so glad you enjoyed our tour. Thank you for the wonderful review. We love to share our beautiful island, Maui. It was great fun taking both of you to the farms and shopping too! Call me whenever you return to the islands and I'll take care of you...~ Marilyn

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had to make some scheduling changes with Marilyn and she was so very accommodating. The tour was magnificent, with the lavender farm being the highlight. Marilyn is a wealth of information about the history, culture and vegetation of the island. We would highly recommend the Maui Country Farms Tour.

Aloha,
Thank you so much for your kind review. i love sharing Maui's agricultural beauty and my passion for Hawaii. I learn more every day. Soon I'll be visiting Native Plant Botanical gardens and old taro farms too. If you return to Maui, please call me.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Marilyn was a wonderful tour guide! Our group of 7 (2 kids, ages 2 & 4 and 5 adults) had a wonderful time with Marilyn. She had special 'kid friendly' sandwiches along and was a wealth of knowledge on local history and cuisine. I had told her when we booked that we were very interested in cattle production as we are ranchers, and she did a fair bit of research so she could give us info on production on the island. The very best part was meeting Jimmy, the ranch manger of Ulupalakua Ranch, at the ranch and having a GREAT visit with him. Thanks Marilyn!!! Definitely a highlight on our trip!!

Aloha,
I was so happy to have your family on my tour and very thankful we got to meet up with the ranch manager at Ulupalakua. It was wonderful to see you and your husband share ranching with our Hawaiian Rancher. Thank you so much for writing a review. I love how we met on our facebook fan page at Maui Country Farm Tours. Come again and see The West Maui Tour.
~ Marilyn