“Nice, quiet house, away from the beaches”
Review of Peace Of Maui

and 1 more site!
Peace Of Maui
London, United Kingdom
“Nice, quiet house, away from the beaches”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I personally liked this accommodation despite it being quite a distance from the beaches, but close to the Haleakala National Park. It was lucky we stayed in the middle of the week as there were not many other visitors. I think I would not have liked it were there more tourists staying with us as the privacy would have been affected. The kitchen was well equipped, but the fridge needs more regular cleaning and also I suggest throwing away old left over condiments, spices etc. It is a shame there is not a washing machine for the guests and some washing lines.

The rooms were clean and basic, but satisfactory for sleeping. The bathrooms were clean, but I think it was because there were not that many users, because I did not see anyone cleaning there. I must say that the owner was away at the time having her mum house-sit, so perhaps that was the reason. Sadly, the lady did not how to operate the hot tub so never tried it, but it is a nice touch.

I recommend fixing the shower in the front part of the property as I burnt myself there trying to figure out how to operate the tap. It is an old tap and one has no idea which way to turn it to get the right temperature. I then went to the shower in the back part of the property where it was without a hitch.

Overall, nice stay in the middle of the countryside. I liked Paha village with its Organic Food Store and lovely restaurants and cafes.

2 Thank JanaCevi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
virgina
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This place would be okay for someone really on a budget. The only reason we stayed here is because it was near the bike company we used to bike down the volcano. Check in was weird, we got in about 8 pm, and there was no sign of anyone. I called the phone number, and there was a woman upstairs who attempted to help me, but she didn't know how to work the computer. She was very nice, and tried very hard.
My biggest complaint, is that the towels and wash cloths were so stained & they looked awful. If I had known this ahead of time, I would of brought my own. See the attached pictures. I can't say I would recommend this place to anyone unless you are broke. Our room was $85, which is cheap for Hawaii, however, I still think they could do far better with their linens.

4 Thank happyinhawaii
honolulu
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Personal and quiet. No one to bother you. My daughter and i jumped in the jacuzzi at 9pm, and 6am in the morning, no one bothered.Lovely place, LOVELY PEOPLE!!!..Thank you very much.Cant wait to be back!!!!

Carolynn

Room Tip: Even the living room can be a place to sleep!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Noise level moderate with dog barking and activity upstairs at around 6 a.m. Bathrooms are shared. No a/c and room felt very warm. Breakfast is help yourself and very limited. We ended up eating elsewhere. Overall, is comfortable and clean but would stay elsewhere for comparable price.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Elisakee
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had a nice room, frig in room and can use the kitchen. It is a pretty location and central to many interesting sights upcountry. We shared a bath but had no trouble with this as there are 3 toilets and 3 separate showers. It is so affordable, we felt we could spend a little more on activities.

Room Tip: There are twin beds and kings, most share baths.
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 7 May 2013

There are a lot of various reviews here about this B&B and people have had many different experiences, so I can't say you'll have the same experience as my husband and I did. While I appreciated having the house almost to ourselves the entire time we stayed, it was nice to interact with a few other visitors. Peace of Maui is rustic. It reminds me of the cabins I'd stay in as a kid in Minnesota. It's not a 5-star resort, nor is it as dirty as described by some reviews. The showers are hot and many toiletries are provided, but you can certainly bring your own. The hot tub was nice in the mornings and I really liked having a full kitchen to prepare my breakfasts and to-go lunches every day. You are sharing the kitchen with other people, so bear in mind that if you have issues with how other people "clean," it might make you a little crazy. Oh, and it's just a bed, not a breakfast. There's a bowl of Red Delicious apples (local fruit - ha!) and a bowl of instant oatmeal packets provided, but that is it.

The only problem we had the entire stay there is that someone walked away with my husband's swim trunks; he hung them out on the line in the front by the hot tub. We alerted Tammi, but she was of little help. Who steals swim trunks?! I mean, really! So, if you don't want your things taken, I advise you not to hang anything out to dry on the lines out front.

For the price, it's a great place to stay, off the beaten path and quiet. We LOVED the area of Pa'ia and Makawao.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily H
Reviewed 14 April 2013

If you are looking for a resort, this isn't for you. But if you care more about exploring the island and want to sleep somewhere that is safe, quiet, clean, and centrally located, this is a great place. I doubt many tourists see this part of the island, but this B&B is located in the middle of peaceful tranquility. My fellow guests were polite and quiet, and for me, sharing kitchen and bathroom spaces is no big deal. I never had to wait for a bathroom or shower (there are at least three of each), and the bed was comfortable. I explored the whole island easily with this as my home base. I will definitely come back. Thanks for the kind hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Laurielack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makawao
Travaasa Hana, Maui
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,103 reviews
Kuau Inn
Kuau Inn
#1 of 3 in Paia

Been to Peace Of Maui? Share your experiences!