I personally liked this accommodation despite it being quite a distance from the beaches, but close to the Haleakala National Park. It was lucky we stayed in the middle of the week as there were not many other visitors. I think I would not have liked it were there more tourists staying with us as the privacy would have been affected. The kitchen was well equipped, but the fridge needs more regular cleaning and also I suggest throwing away old left over condiments, spices etc. It is a shame there is not a washing machine for the guests and some washing lines.
The rooms were clean and basic, but satisfactory for sleeping. The bathrooms were clean, but I think it was because there were not that many users, because I did not see anyone cleaning there. I must say that the owner was away at the time having her mum house-sit, so perhaps that was the reason. Sadly, the lady did not how to operate the hot tub so never tried it, but it is a nice touch.
I recommend fixing the shower in the front part of the property as I burnt myself there trying to figure out how to operate the tap. It is an old tap and one has no idea which way to turn it to get the right temperature. I then went to the shower in the back part of the property where it was without a hitch.
Overall, nice stay in the middle of the countryside. I liked Paha village with its Organic Food Store and lovely restaurants and cafes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We provide vacationers with a great experience all around. We have a great location in Maui and very affordable rates. We are located on 2 acres with many fruits trees and views of the ocean and mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Peace Of Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peace Of Maui Hotel Makawao
- Peace Of Maui Makawao, Hawaii