“Nice stay in countryside”
Review of Peace Of Maui

Peace Of Maui
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hostel is really nice. The bedroom is small, but with a huge bed. The entire building is really clean. You are welcome to use the kitchen, and have some fruits, coffee, tea, etc. for your breakfast. Not far from Makawao town (5min driving), The owner is really nice. Shared but really clean bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aurélie P

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I travelled to Maui specifically to race in a bicycling even called 'Cycle to the Sun', which is organized through Maui Cyclery. Because I was travelling alone I was looking for a nice, quiet and inexpensive place near Makawao or Paiai. I came across a B and B called 'Peace of Maui' and was able to book my stay there easily through their web site. My flight was arriving late so I was a little worried about showing up to a strange place, in the dark and not knowing what room I was staying in. The owners, Tammmi and Mika, had things already for me with my name and key ready in a well lit obvious place for when I arrived. That was so nice. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, I got to use the kitchen, took several showers, came and went as I pleased and the owners, Tammi and Mika were super freindly...and their place was really lovely. PLUS, I had my bike and there was lots of space to put it together. I was close to the race start so I was able to get there in just a few minutes. My flight out was late in the day and they even let me do a super late check out. I won the women's race so the trip for me was spectacular all around! I will definately stay at 'Peace of Maui' again! Sheila Croft

Room Tip: Call the owner of the B and B
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheila C
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was the most pleasant place I stayed in my week in Maui. The rooms were big, clean and had the things u need. Bathrooms n showers were spotless and just nice and comfortable. Really large kitchen area for all the guest with dishes and pots and pans for each room. This place is run very well. The owners are real people and really make you feel like your at your moms house. ! I'd encourage anyone to go out of the way to stay here!! It's close to great beaches and shop and restaurants but it's far away that you feel in the middle of nowhere. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip there. Thanx Tammi n Mika for a Great visit!!! Aloha.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Located close to Paia, beaches, eats etc. all within 10 minutes.
Arrived about 8 pm to find no one around but did find our name on the door indicating our room number. Inside is very reminiscent of a hostel layout. Rooms were OK if somewhat worn out. That evening was quite warm so the ceiling fan was turned on only to find it squeaked loudly on every revolution. Had to be turned off. Don't be misled by the advertised B&B. Breakfast consisted of decaf coffee that you made yourself, an uncut pineapple in a bowl and instant oatmeal packages on the counter. That's it. (hot tub was not usable)
The owner did repeat what the ad said, "Our light breakfast will prepare you for a day of adventure" - presumably adventure includes looking for another place to eat -

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank patchman1
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

the b&b is a calm and lovely location, owners are friendly and Very helpfull !!! clean and with a good kitchen you can ask for a tent when theres no room vacant. they prefer Cash pay. and if you are a pet-lover please visit the animal shelter near By to get your catfix ;)))

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I enjoyed my stay here at peace of Maui, quiet & tranquil with friendly & helpful owners, definately going to need a car if your staying here! All in all good value, its no resort but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nirmal_Om
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I personally liked this accommodation despite it being quite a distance from the beaches, but close to the Haleakala National Park. It was lucky we stayed in the middle of the week as there were not many other visitors. I think I would not have liked it were there more tourists staying with us as the privacy would have been affected. The kitchen was well equipped, but the fridge needs more regular cleaning and also I suggest throwing away old left over condiments, spices etc. It is a shame there is not a washing machine for the guests and some washing lines.

The rooms were clean and basic, but satisfactory for sleeping. The bathrooms were clean, but I think it was because there were not that many users, because I did not see anyone cleaning there. I must say that the owner was away at the time having her mum house-sit, so perhaps that was the reason. Sadly, the lady did not how to operate the hot tub so never tried it, but it is a nice touch.

I recommend fixing the shower in the front part of the property as I burnt myself there trying to figure out how to operate the tap. It is an old tap and one has no idea which way to turn it to get the right temperature. I then went to the shower in the back part of the property where it was without a hitch.

Overall, nice stay in the middle of the countryside. I liked Paha village with its Organic Food Store and lovely restaurants and cafes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JanaCevi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makawao
Maui Seaside Hotel
#1 of 2 in Makawao
Nalu Kai Lodge
Nalu Kai Lodge
#2 of 6 in Paia

Been to Peace Of Maui? Share your experiences!