Lumeria Maui Retreat
Sprecks Plantation House(Spreckelsville)
Hale Ho'omana(Makawao)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsyoga classesfarm to tableup countryspa treatmentsmana foodsfire pitincluded breakfastpool and jacuzzibeautiful propertyyogurtwhispering pinesceiling fanheaven on earththere is no air conditioningrooms are smallminute driveroad to hana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I just spent 5 days/4 nights at Lumeria Maui and LOVED it. The experience surpassed my expectations. It was truly a luxurious, relaxing retreat from which I emerged rested and healed from my high tech job. This was exactly what I needed. When I checked in, I was given a tour of the property before being escorted to my room. The property itself is absolutely gorgeous - from the landscaping, the furnishings, crystals and statuary used for decorating, the pool, to the hammocks in the pine grove in back. The buildings are low and graceful surrounding a huge lawn area in the center where they have yoga classes in the morning. I loved just wandering around the grounds. I also loved the little touches like the complimentary continental breakfast, and flavored (cucumber, mint, or lime) ice water dispensers scattered around property. There are also really cool spa-type treatments available on-site such as massage, crystal healing (like reiki), shamanic healing, and sound therapy. I had a crystal healing treatment from Evie that was absolutely awesome. It was the high point of my entire stay! Everyone on staff was so helpful. I just can't say enough good things about Lumeria. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back facing the pine grove are very private and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DimSumGirl
Reviewed 25 July 2013

If you want a truly outsanding small hotel that is run by people who care about every detail, Lumeria will not disappoint. The setting in "upcountry" Maui is truly special as is the restored historic building. The vibe is slow and quiet but there are so many good restaurants and beaches etc. close by (Paia & Makawao area) that there is lots to do (it is Maui!) and you can come and go quickly and easily and spend as much or as little time on the property as you like. Overall, it is simply an amazing place to unwind.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for the suites if you have a long stay planned (i.e. + ~$100 per night)
1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband and I had an amazing 9 day experience at Lumeria. Lumeria truly worked its magic on us and we returned home renewed. There was so much to enjoy at Lumeria including the skillful and fun yoga and meditation classes as well as the relaxing pool/jacuzzi that we had to ourselves or shared with a few. The grounds were stunning! I was grateful for each day I passed or walked through the lawn with the beautiful Buddha sitting at the end and the view of farms beyond. There were so many flowers and trees to enjoy all in such a serene environment. The whispering pine forest was right outside our door and we fell asleep to its sounds. While all of these things were special to our trip, we felt most taken care of by Lisa, the new GM as well as Xorin. Lisa helped us with so many things and truly went out of her way to make sure we were well and supported. We know you and Lumeria will thrive! Namaste...

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Lumeria lived up to all our expectations and more! Our family of four spend three nights at this luxiourous, heavenly and peaceful retreat in July. Tina at the front desk was extremely helpful. Our room was ready before check in time as requested. We were in one bedroom suite that was quite spacious with a day bed in the front room big enough for our two kids (12 and 9). The grounds are absolutely well manicured and inviting. Kids loved the pool and the spa. Because the property is quite small, we had the pool and the restaurant (for breakfast) to our selves many times. We took one yoga class as a family and the hubby did couple by himself. Only wish the classes were held outdoors on the beautiful lawn while were there. We ran into Xorin most days on the property and exchanged pleasantries. He inquired about our stay as I was checking out on the last day. We drove into Paia for dinner every night as we weren't sure how the kids would respond to pre-set dinner menu at the restaurant. Breakfast (included as part of the stay) was simple but delicious. Tina also booked stand up paddle board lessons for the kids and they had a blast.

If you want to escape the mega resorts and still be within 30 minutes from the heart of Maui North Shore, Lumeria is your place! The mountains surrounding the property are magical! I cannot wait to go back and see what new things they have in store!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We took a flyer on this hotel because we found it while searching for places to stay in the area. We like the hilly parts of Maui and enjoy a break from the bustle of tourism. The Lumeria has completely lived up to expectation and even surpassed it. There is no way to capture 'the feeling' of a place with pictures and only few, talented writers, can do it with words. All I will say is -- a MUST STAY if you want to de-stress, re-invigorate or simple enjoy unbelievably beautiful surroundings. The care and attention to detail here will amaze.

Room Tip: They are all spectacular and individual