Lumeria Maui Retreat
Peace Of Maui(Makawao)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$605
Hyatt.com
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyoga classesfarm to tableup countryspa treatmentsmana foodsfire pitincluded breakfastpool and jacuzzibeautiful propertyyogurtwhispering pinesceiling fanheaven on earththere is no air conditioningrooms are smallminute driveroad to hana
Reviewed 13 April 2014

OK, we had the Ali'i Suite (which was quite beautiful), so we had no experience with any other guest rooms. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The food was just OK, but there were two exceptional restaurants nearby, Mama's Fish House and Haliimaile General Store. My wife said the yoga instruction was superb. We'd stay there agin in a minute (assuming we could get the same suite).

Room Tip: The Ali'i Suite is quite remarkable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel is nice, but missing some things that would make it worth the money. Because the rooms are around the yoga lawn, there is not much privacy. I would expect robes to be provided for privacy in the rooms as well as walking to and from the pool. Rooms are quite small and furniture. Breakfast was not appealing - it didn't even include fruit juice - just some breads and not the freshest fruit. You can order from a menu for $10. The pool and hot tub are very nice.

1  Thank Alice R
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The website is beautiful and the staff are very nice. The grounds are well maintained and the rooms are clean. The overall feel is very nice loved the fire place during the rain and the lobby. Great class schedule

I do not think it is worth the $ because:

The rooms are tiny, bathrooms are small, and no bath tubs

The pool is too cold to enjoy

The yoga room is right next to the kitchen a very loud place where people hang out and chat like you normally would do in a kitchen but very distracting for yoga or other classes.

The walls are paper thin and you hear everything from rooms next door and outside

Lots of miscommunication with staff although they were very nice and accommodating it was very unprofessional

Overall if the rooms were $100 to $200 cheaper I would def book again but not at the prices listed.

Not worth it to me.

Others may love it!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Klnelli
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay. The grounds are beautiful, yoga instruction was great, but there are problems. One morning there was no breakfast and I was told to buy breakfast if the 'complementary' breakfast ran out. Roosters add a rustic feel, but I didn't care for being woken up at 5 am most mornings by their racket. We requested a quiet room 3 months before arrival and were given a room next to the parking lot and road with quite a bit of noise. The room was bare bones - beautiful, but only one towel for two people, no robe or slippers, shampoo not replenished when used up, no phone to call office when we needed another towel. Overall I was disappointed given the cost of the room. Plus, be prepared for the 'daily resort fee'.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the road, but they probably won't listen
2  Thank LosPoblanos01
LumeriaMaui808, Owner at Lumeria Maui Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear LosPoblanos01,

I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us fell short of your expectations.
I'm glad that you enjoyed our grounds and yoga, but I apologize for the inconvenience and discrepancy with breakfast, the roosters, and your room placement. I've already discussed the breakfast problem with our Chef and General Manager, and they assure me that we will never have such a problem again with the complimentary breakfast running out. Apparently, some of the breakfast staff do not know that if guests show up slightly after breakfast hours (7-10), they are to provide continental breakfast anyway. I do not know if this was the case with you, but either way, continental breakfast is available to any of our guests and will always be available, during morning hours.
We have removed the roosters from our property, and so apologize for your experience. We are grateful to be located in one of the most beautiful and natural parts of Maui, but we do have to contend with nature and wanderers from neighboring farms. I have asked our Property Manager to be more vigilant about removing chickens/roosters and any other wandering neighbors from our property the day they arrive, so that they do not disturb future guests.
I apologize about your room placement as well. I wish you had brought this to our attention by visiting the front desk. We are open 8 am - 10 pm and are here to serve our guests' needs, be that a room reassignment, towels, amenities, or anything else you might need or want.

Thank you for bringing the issues you had here to my attention. I ensure you that steps have been taken to rectify each issue you have raised.
We do hope that you might give us another chance in the future.

Best,
Xorin Balbes
Founder/Owner

Reviewed 22 March 2014

First I would like to say thank you Xorin Balbes for personally introducing himself to my husband and I. You have a beautiful property and love the fact that you offer all the classes. The only suggestions I have are to supply slippers and robes for the rooms. When I took a shower the floor was so cold I laid towels on the floor and quickly dried myself and put my clothes back on.
My only disappointment was that I could hear the guests in the room next to us and their complete conversations. I know there is nothing you can do about that because the walls are built already. But they are very very thin and you can hear everything through them including people walking. My husband and I were celebrating our 2nd year anniversary and his coming home from being stationed overseas for 2yrs. It wasn't very romantic to hear everything going on in the next rooms. I also hope the breakfast improves a bit. It was just ok. But once again, you have done a fabulous job on the renovation of this property. Not sure if we would return or not.

2  Thank Michele P