Aloha Cottage
US$641
US$594
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsprivate retreatwinding countryupcountryprivacymauihaleakalagroundspropertiesrentallahaina
Reviewed 2 March 2010

We live on the island of Maui and have stayed at the Aloha Cottage on several occasions for an on island getaway. The property is above Makawao. It has gorgeous views and a lovely sent of the eucalyptus trees. I can honestly say that I have had some of my best nights sleeps ever here. Unlike other parts of the island, This area of upcounrty Maui is a perfect temperature, warm during the day and wonderfully comfortable at night. The property is close to the quaint town of Makawao and a quick drive to great beaches and or the airport. Staying at the Aloha cottage allows you the ability to see and experience Hawaii in a way that most on the normal tourist circuit will never see. The staff have always been warm, welcoming yet unobtrusive. Definitely stay here!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ksmui
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My husband and I just had our honeymoon here and we couldn't be happier with the experience! The Thai Tree House is pure luxury, an elegant spot nestled in the woods of upcountry Maui. It was totally private, peaceful and romantic. On top of that, we were close to two adorable towns, Makawao and Paia, where we went out to eat (great restaurants) and had a chance to do some great shopping too. The service was excellent and the owners of this place are very friendly and helpful. I've traveled a lot, and always in B&B's like this (rarely in big hotels - just not my style) and I have to say that the Aloha Cottage is a gem.... I wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeenaCFA
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I cannot say enough good things about The Aloha Cottage. It was the perfect vacation, a luxuriously private retreat but close enough to all the things we wanted to see/do. The Aloha Cottage is gorgeous. Impeccably decorated and incredibly beautiful. It felt like a five star hotel and a little country cottage all at once...the best of both worlds! We were minutes away from Makawao, the most adorable town with lots of great shops and places to snack and a sort drive away from Paia, where we ate most of our meals by the water. My husband and I have said we hope to make a trip to The Aloha Cottage a yearly event for us...it was truly an amazing experience!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NNarratives
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Stunning retreat in upland Maui. Absolutely great retreat but I can imagine it won't be for everyone. On the plus side it is a fantastic cottage, very romantic tucked away in the rainforest, in the middle of nowhere it is perfect for a couple of romantic days away from everything. The hot tub outside with the rainforest all around is something special. We spent our first few nights here on our honeymoon and I can't imagine anywhere better after a long flight. The personal touches around the place made it feel very special.

However it is a car ride down to the beach as well as a car ride to go out for food.

Overall I would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

This place was beyond our dreams. We went for our honeymoon, and it was magical. From the moment we walked in, we felt welcome and felt like it was our second home. The owners had incense burning and a very light, melodic tune playing when we entered our beautiful haven. There were beach blankets, lanterns, and many other amenities available for the guests. The owners have also traveled a lot and had a nice collection of items from Bali and India for sale. I got myself some gifts including beautiful scarves, jewelry and many cute things.
When we arrived, the owners wanted to meet us and we spoke briefly to them. They were so nice to us and made us feel so welcome. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Oh yeah, the town is also really cute and has great food. If you decide to go to Maui, don't go to the resorts, go here!! You definitely won't regret it.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple