“Big Fun”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Big Fun”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Met some old friends there for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Lots of locals having a great time, surf videos on the screens and the walls were covered with legendary shots of local spots Hookipa and Jaws. Food was good, service was awesome. Great place!

Kihei
“Best Salsa Ever”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had driven by this place many times and finally decided to stop in. What a nice surprise. The salsa and many other items on the menu are made fresh daily. Spices were just right, not too hot and yet just enough "kick". If you aren't into Mexican, there are other food items on the menu including vegetarian. My companion could not finish her chili in a corn taco bowl as the portions are "grande". I thoroughly enjoyed my Ranchos Heuveros. Will go back there on out next trip Upcountry.

Coolangatta, Australia
“Just okay”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

After reading good reviews we came here for a dinner. Food was ok, but no good enough to run there for another meal ever. I have ordered Grande Tostadas with beef - and yes..it was definitely grande! I managed to eat less then half of it :) I'm 20wks pregnant and left feeling like my tummy is going to explode, I don't think food agreed with. My husband had some sort of burrito and he said it was ok. I guess if you are after inexpensive fast and massive meal, this could be the place!

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Amazing fish tacos!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We loved the fish tacos and lilikoi (passion fruit) margaritas!
The fresh salsa, chips, and guacamole were also delicious. We enjoyed the food so much we returned a second day for lunch. Prices were also very reasonable for Maui and portions were generous. Our server on our first visit was good but not excellent, but the hostess and other staff were excellent. Everyone was great on our second visit. Another nice advantage of Polli's is their private parking lot - as parking can be at a premium in Makawao.

• Visited May 2014
utah
“Go to the bakery for treats, and here for lunch”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went to Makawao for the Bakery (Komodo). We walked across the street to this restaurant to sample the fish tacos. They were really good, the fresh salsa was perfect, just a little spice. In our group people ate: tofu burrito, fish tacos, tamale,quesadilla and hamburger. The prices were resonable, the location was nice, restaurant was clean, bathroom floor was a mess.
I would say to eat here if you are in the area!