“best steak on the island”

Makawao Steak House
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Makawao
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2013

much better since bought by cafe o lei.

fantastic steaks. good salad bar. wonderful dessert.
prices are reasonable, especially for maui. service was excellent.
definitely top choice when in makawao

1  Thank chioual

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have been to the Makawao Steakhouse almost every other month since I found it!! Each time, I need not look at the menu because I can't get enough of their prime rib...so full of flavor & spiced with local Hawaiian sea salts. They have a fun little salad bar with good dressings/choices. Cocktails are yummy ~ I like the Lilikoi Cooler. Service has been great each time. You can eat in the formal dining room, but I prefer the casual bar area (TV with sports playing). Each rooms have fire places for ambiance. Note: closed on Monday's.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stopped by after our trip to Hana to celebrate my husband's birthday. Suri recommended to us and what a find! Our bartender Julie was awesome! She makes a spicy margarita for the special on Friday night and this drink is amazing...made with fresh pineapple, chile's, cilantro....and other things and it is delicious! I had the fish special (moon fish?) which was perfect! My husband had the steak which was also delicious. Was the best meal of our trip! For dessert, a pretzel/popcorn/chocolate with ice cream concoction which was original and tasty! We will definitely go back on our next trip to Maui.

Makawao is a cute town with little shops and restaurants. Down the road is another "happening" small town with more shops and restaurants.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I broke my own rule at this place and ordered fish in a steak house. My blackened ahi was good, but I thought it needed a sauce because it seemed too dry to me. On the other hand, my husband had the Hawaiian steak and it was possibly one of the best steaks we've ever had, accompanied with some great barbecued beans--a house speciality--and a baked potato that was just yummy. Don't know how they made that potato taste so good. My fish came on a crusty sticky rice that was my favorite part of my own meal. So this is a mediocre review but really only a caution. I'd go there again in a second but I would definitely order steak!

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Coming back from Hana we took the opportunity to visit Makawao. What a great little place! Nice downtown, some interesting stores and the Steak house! Great friendly place away from the sea and the sand! We are definitely coming back next time we are in Maui.