“Loved It!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paia
utah
“Loved It!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Perfect location in the heart of Paia and with private access to the ocean. I wish i had stayed more than one night! Super comfy beds, linens, the whole atmosphere was great. The hotel was under renovation/expansion while we were there, but it was still great!

Room Tip: we stayed in the front room -- on Main street in Paia. we could hear the street, but i liked being i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abbibarss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My fiancé and I stayed 7 nights on Maui in August, and the Paia Inn was my favorite part of the trip. My one regret is that we only stayed for two nights :). Our flight from Michigan had been cancelled the week prior due to potential hurricanes so we had to rearrange our travel schedule a bit- we ended up pushing our reservation back and extending it a night. The Paia Inn was more than accommodating. The only room they had available for two nights was an upgrade from the original room we had booked, and they gave it to us for the original price (we would have paid the difference anyway, it was that great). The staff is beyond helpful, the grounds were beautiful, location was perfect- I have nothing but great things to say about this place.

Room Tip: Room 9- Garden View Suite was perfect
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kelly S
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had a great time, and would recommend the Paia Inn to everyone. Great room, great staff, and you can lock your wallet in the safe and wander right out back to a fabulous beach. Look forward to getting a more permanent place on the North Shore, but until then, I think the Paia Inn will be our home base in Maui. :-)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian Z
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I were lucky enough to stay at the Paia Inn on July 4, 2014. The staff was so accommodating. We were supposed to stay in a one-bedroom with a sofa bed, but when they saw how tall our son was(6'3"!), they were kind enough to upgrade us to a two-bedroom. We were so comfortable in our rooms. Our unit had a nice kitchen, great bathroom and a large porch which we thoroughly enjoyed. Even though the inn is right in town, it is a peaceful paradise. You have your own beach access, and a beautiful backyard facing the beach. We definately will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank catherine84
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I just spent a week on the island of Maui. We began with 2 nights in Wailea, then experienced a condo in Lanai, and then ended at the Paia Inn in Paia. The accommodations were excellent. I had planned on writing a 5 star review about the place. We stayed in room 6 and it was clean, comfortable, and roomy. We liked that there was space to spread out with a kitchen area. It had excellent little touches that were unique, but still made it feel warm and homey. We loved the privacy of the beach and the areas overlooking the beach. There were tables to sit by the beach and enjoy a glass of wine at sunset as well as beach chairs and water toys available. A bottle of wine was waiting for us upon arrival and they even brought another bottle another night when requested. The entire time we were there we talked about returning and only staying at the Paia because we were enjoying it so much.

There were some concerns after checkout, that ended up being miscommunication from us and Paia Inn. After my husband missed his flight, he returned to Paia Inn to stay on the beach a few hours until his next flight. He was told the area was under construction and he could not have access. However, he did not tell them he had just checked out and they thought it was just someone trying to use the private access. He should have told them because one of the great things is the private access to the beach. We booked an additional night, but we weren’t told we would be in a different room and would not receive the special price we had booked online. We did not realize it was almost $200/night more than the special we booked until we got home and checked the bank card. Although I feel staff should have notified us, we also should have checked, so it was really on both of us. However, Michael with Pain Inn graciously gave us both nights at the less expensive rate we thought we were getting as well as a complimentary night on our next visit.

I truly appreciate that they corrected concerns immediately, even though some ended up being our fault! This proves great customer service as well as the fabulous hotel and atmosphere. We will definitely return and make sure we are also communicating!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa T
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

After spending four days exploring beaches and eateries in Kihei—and staying at a small LGBT-friendly resort, that while well managed and staffed, sat on a non-swimable beach that required a car everywhere we went—my husband and I found ourselves looking for a change.

More inclined to low-maintenance, walk-everywhere-you-need-to-go, and be-on-the-beach-in-a-matter-of-minutes getaways, a local turned us on to the town of Paia. After an hour of our arrival (which included a brief walking tour of this small “hippie town” followed by a swim at Baldwin Beach) the decision had been made: “If that hotel on the main drag we passed has a room available, we’re staying!”

Fast-forward twenty minutes...unannounced and without having done any research, my husband and I walked into the lobby of the Paia Inn Hotel and were warmly greeted by member of the staff. After outlining our desired dates—“...immediately, for the next five nights...”—she provided us three options that spanned three pricing tiers. Grateful, excited and looking forward to splurging a bit for our upcoming anniversary, we booked the Luxury Ocean View Suite.

To make a long-story-short, I would highly recommend the Paia Inn Hotel if you’re looking for a mellow, boutique style inn/hotel that offers visitors the option to forget the car and enjoy small town Maui life while surrounded by top-notch customer service professionals . My recommendation is based on the following:

1) Staff: If you want to talk about beautiful individuals inside and out, look no further than the Paia Inn Hotel staff. Attentive, well-spoken, friendly, sincere, prompt and thoughtful are just a few of the words one could use to describe their five-star customer service. All of the staff made the two of us feel right at home.

2) Accommodations: (a) The Luxury Ocean View Suite was truly amazing. Large, clean, cool, this 3/1 offered a huge lanai overlooking lush Hawaiian vegetation and a treetop view of the ocean. From the bathroom finishes-to the furniture-to the bamboo floors—everywhere we looked was an tangible example impeccable taste and attention to detail. (b) The Inn itself, while situated on a very busy street, is super quite (at least the Ocean View Suite was). A small pathway winds through the property leading guests directly to the beach. Prior to entering the beach, there’s a great grassy area where guest can relax in the shade under umbrellas, enjoy a drink while looking out over the ocean or rinse off the sand after a long day at the beach.

3) The town: The Hana Highway runs through the town of Paia. The Paia Inn Hotel is located on this Highway (a two-lane street by mainlander standards). I’m not going to lie, at times, there can be a lot of traffic. That said, I felt the traffic added to the charm of the town (call me crazy!!!). The Paia itself offered us everything we needed for our five day stay—restaurants, grocery store, shopping, public beach—all within walking distance. We only used the car (which was parked in the Inn’s private parking lot) to return to the airport.

While the North Shore of Kauai is more my scene when it comes to vacationing in Hawaii (I only say this to give readers familiar with the Hawaiian Islands added context for my review), I wouldn’t hesitate to return to the Paia Inn Hotel should my travel plans lead me to Maui in the future!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the main street. If you can afford it, the Luxury Ocean View Suite is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank RaymoKelly
USA
Reviewed 4 July 2014

What a wonderful hotel! We stayed in Room 12 (the suite) and loved it.

With 3 bedrooms, a large living room and a full kitchen, it had all we needed to spread out. The air conditioning was also fantastic, as it was quite hot during our summer stay.

The best part was the deck, which spanned the entire rear of the suite and featured direct access from the living room and 2 of the bedrooms. Complete with dining table, padded chairs, day bed and rocking chairs, it seemed worlds away from the main street of Paia, which was only a few steps away.

Great beach access, complete with plenty of beach toys and chairs to use made this a fantastic location to stay.

Add to the mix the warm and friendly customer service by everyone who works there and it’s easy to see why the Paia Inn gets such (deservedly) high marks.

Room Tip: Room 12 is an amazing suite
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paia
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea
Andaz Maui At Wailea

Been to Paia Inn? Share your experiences!