“Great instructor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maria Souza's Stand Up Paddle School

Maria Souza's Stand Up Paddle School
More attraction details
Owner description: Maria Souza Ocean Sports Education LLC Offers:-Stand-up Lessons- No Experience Necessary-Guaranteed to Stand-up in 1 Lesson! Must know how to swim - Training for Races - Long Distance Paddling- Down Wind Runs-Surfing-Extreme Surf Week Training Package- Experience Necessary-Fitness Training for specific Ocean Sports
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
“Great instructor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband doesn't feel comfortable falling into ocean. She made the class very simple and easy to learn, and also very safe. We feel very fun, and definitely will try again.

Visited April 2014

Ventura, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love SUP School!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Would definitely recommend going back to "school" to learn stand up paddleboarding! Maria does an excellent review on land & gets you warmed up prior to going out onto the water. This was really helpful since it makes for an easier transition to SUP. I think she is an outstanding instructor and would go again if it weren't for my vacation coming to an end. I felt very safe and Maria went over different techniques while we were on the water. It took me about 30 minutes or so to get to the Kihei beach area (where we paddle boarded) from the Kaanapali resort area but it was an easy drive. As a bonus, you get a cute hat to take home.

Visited February 2014
Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

In the past I took several lessons on stand up paddle with different instructors. Maria was the best of all.

Visited February 2014
Portland, Oregon
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband, a friend and I took a lesson this week - all of us had a little bit of SUP experience though no lessons and it was really nice to get some fundamentals. I'm an intermediate surfer and picked up SUP quickly but never learned the "right" way to do it and this was a great way to start building a solid foundation. I learned how to catch a wave standing up instead of on my knees during my lesson! Also Maria was great with making sure we had some good photos while we were out there. We felt safe and in good hands and she is truly a renaissance water woman.

Visited January 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I had the good fortune to get a private SUP lesson with Maria when I was in Maui. She clearly knows what she is doing and the Bosu ball practice before getting in the water was really helpful. She gave me some imaginary balloons, too! I was really happy with how well I was able to do, right away, and I never fell off :-) I wish I lived closer so I could take follow up lessons, but I believe she taught me all I need to continue now that I am home. I can't wait to see the pictures she took!

Visited January 2014