“Good Service”
Review of Paia Contemporary Gallery - CLOSED

Paia Contemporary Gallery
More attraction details
Owner description: With a distinct focus within the abstract art world, Paia Contemporary Gallery features paintings, etchings, & sculptures by a core group of national and international talents.For a truly unique gallery experience visit our restored space in Paia, Maui Hawaii & for quarterly exhibit updates sign-in our contact page.
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Service”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I bought a Painting from this Gallery and had it ship to Switzerland.

Everything worked out perfectly.

San Clemente, California
“beautiful even 3,000 miles away”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

i'm a collector in California and i discovered this gallery while browsing online. I look at a lot of art. i could tell the pieces were incredible. i wanted an original piece, but there were primarily prints available. i was fortunate enough to inquire just while Alejandro Goya was finishing up a new piece (a triptych), that I could tell from the way he spoke about it, was a major accomplishment. it was a pleasurable experience to interact like that, strike a deal, and have the shipping done carefree. sure enough, when the pieces arrived, they were twice as nice!

Visited November 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stunning contemporary art paired with local advice!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

On our first visit to Paia, Maui we stumbled upon the contemporary art gallery. The owner, Alejandro was happy to tell us about the artists and their pieces. The art was beautiful and much more interesting than the kitsch pieces we'd seen in other towns.

The owner was also an artist. We found him to be interesting and helpful. He was an Argentinean who made Maui his home. Alejandro was happy to make recommendations on maui. He even pulled up a google map to show us the way!

A Paia must!

Anchorage, Alaska
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“beautiful art but....”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This gallery represents some very good contemporary artist. I wish the artist's names were evident as well as the titles and prices of the pieces. There were several we were very interested in but but was difficult to get past the owner or staff person in the gallery that afternoon.

Visited December 2013
AlejandroG G, Owner at Paia Contemporary Gallery, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear seetheworld2525,

Thank you so much for leaving us your valuable review on our TripAdvisor!

It means a lot to us and we really appreciate you taking the time to do so. It also makes me deeply happy that you think we represent very good contemporary artists and we had on display several pieces in which you were very interested in.

In response to your other feedback "I wish the artist's names were evident as well as the titles and prices of the pieces," I would like to respond the following in hopes to bring some light and clarity about this concern of yours.

When we first opened Paia Contemporary Gallery 6 years ago, we used to post large tags on the walls with the artist name, title, dimension, year & price. After a 3 paintings were stolen by some people from the street, might have been homeless that frequently walk into the gallery, we unanimously decided that we needed to remove the prices of the walls to prevent this from happening again. Thereafter no art was ever stolen again.

The second positive from discontinuing the large wall tags/stickers from our beautiful plastered walls, was that our smooth walls stopped getting sticker marks/glue that we couldn't remove. The solution was to purchase a P-Touch machine that prints less adhesive number tags that you probably saw next to the artwork on the walls and pedestals. These number tags refer to a complete price list that it is always available to our visitors and collectors that we openly share. Additionally, we have portfolio books on all benches [3] and table [1] that provides a full description of our artists, CV & images of their work page by page.

In regards to your second comment “but was difficult to get past the owner or staff person in the gallery that afternoon,” myself and coworkers are highly trained and completely aware about giving space without any kind of pressure. We encourage people to STOP, CONNECT & ENJOY THE CONNECTION as they please. We are here to make people happy by helping them find the right piece/s for them. We are friendly, enthusiastic and always try to ask the right questions to be able to help in the best possible way. It is a must for us to always remember to give enough space so art lovers have enough privacy to view and connect with the artwork at their own time.

Since I believe I haven't have the chance to meet you in person yet, I am very interested in continuing this conversation with you via TripAdvisor, email or phone. I hope we both have that second opportunity to connect so I may help you find the right piece for you without anybody standing in between yourself and the artwork that inspires you most.

Thanks again for your time and helping other travelers like yourself [and myself], find absolutely stunning artwork while traveling the world.

Respectfully,
Alejandro.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Sophisticated but not snobbish”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Beautiful and warm gallery with a variety of very interesting contemporary art. My purchase of a true gem to add to my home was handled in an extremely professional and attentive manner by the owner. Could not be happier with the service and collection and recommend this gallery to all visiting Paia Town!

Visited July 2013