“Amazing!!!!”

Zack Howard Surf
Buffalo, New York
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I just went surfing for the first time this morning and I loved it. I'm 42 and got right up on the board. It was the highlight of my trip to Maui and wish I had done it at the beginning of the trip so that I could go out again before leaving the Island. I totally recommend Zach Howard Surf. I'm not sure when I'm coming back but I will be calling the, when I do. Mif you want to surf, you must give them a call!

bevelry hills
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Best surf instructors-everyone caught a wave!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Dedicated, fun team to help all members of the group catch at least 1 wave (we all actually road a whole bunch). No messing around, just getting out there and having fun. they are great w kids and making sure it is safe and fun. Big thumbs up. It was our second year going back to them. Brett was the best instructor. Loved it!

Los Gatos, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You won't forget the experience!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hadn't hit the waves in a quarter century, and was really looking forward to introducing my 11 yr old daughter to the sport I once cherished in my prime. We opted for the private 2 person lesson to maximize our individual time on the water with a professional. Zack had my daughter up before I could even get the camera ready as she rode her first wave all the way in. He also helped tow her out with ease when she got too tired to paddle on her own. Zack had me back on track after a couple of sets and helped us both choose the right waves allowing us to enjoy the ride and not spend precious time and energy on the wrong wave. I think I may have even missed the best one of the day because I was too gassed from paddling out like 8 times!!! I would've been happy just catching a couple of good waves, but we caught almost every one Zack gave us the go on. The best part was Zack made us feel like we were old friends and shared in our accomplishments. I've since been inspired to get in better shape as paddling out for the 8 or so sets was a lot harder than I remember. ;) It's not every day you get to surf with a pro who twice graced the cover of Longboard magazine! Definitely won't forget the experience. Mahalo, Zack! We'll see you next time we're in Maui...

Louisville, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Get ready to surf”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My sister and I took our 1st surf lesson with Zack. We had mixed expectations but with Zack's help all 3 of us, including my 60+ yr old dad got up and "rode the waves." We all felt safe and enjoyed the whole time. Bring rash guards and wear board shorts because the saltwater and your board can give some major abrasions.

Calgary, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of our best days in Maui!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

SO MUCH FUN! My family had such a blast surfing with Brett and Shaka - they happily met us at the beautiful Ukemehame Beach. They had rash guards and booties if we wanted - all sizes too, as my kids are 6 and 8 years old. They had us down on our surf boards for a lesson right away and it was about 10 minutes until we were out in the water. They helped us catch waves and cheered us on and gave us tips in between to improve. Shaka rode with my daughter on the board, as she was too young and inexperienced to fall into the water by herself, so that was great not to have to worry about her. We all stood up on our first wave and only fell in once each for the whole time...it was easier than I thought it would be and I really don't like water sports! If you are wondering whether you should do this...DO IT. It was a highlight of our trip and worth every penny. Oh...don't forget to bring cash or a check like we did :)

Visited March 2014