“Well worth the visit (my 2nd)”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I first ate at Mama's Fish House in April 2011. I wrote on my first review how I saved this meal until the last day of our vacation. Well, I wasn't going to wait that long this time and we visited here on our first full day in Maui in December 2012.

You are treated exceptional from the valet service upon entering until you leave. The menu actually list the waters the fish was caught in and captain of the boat.

I mentioned this in my first review and it continues to be true. When you are seated you feel as if you are the only people in the restaurant. The service is outstanding.

My 15 year old is a picky eater and doesn't really eat fish. You would think that would be a problem here, but he ate the Beef Polynesian off the appetizer menu. It is seared tenderloin in a grilled Hana papaya. Wow. It is really good. My other son had the Traditional Hawaiin. It is grilled mahimahi, slow cooked Big Island wild boar, octopus luau and Ahi Poke. He loved it.

For dessert we shared th Kuau chocolate pie and Hana banana macadamia nut crisp. Again, these were tremendous.

It's a once in a lifetime experience, I was lucky to have twice.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Definitely make it to Mama's if you're on Maui. We went with my parents and my fiancé, and had a lovely time. The gorgeous beach it is located on is where we took one of my favorite pictures from our whole trip to Hawaii. We were seated and ordered fun, Hawaii-themed drinks, which were expensive but great! The food was cooked perfectly. My favorite part was the dessert, we had the chocolate pearl (I believe this was what it was called, if my memory serves me correctly). The presentation was amazing, I almost didn't want to eat it! (I said almost!!)

It is definitely somewhere to eat if you want a great meal and wonderful ambiance. Go to Mama's!

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Our lunch here before heading back to the East coast was a treat. One of the most expensive lunches we have had in our travels but worth every penny. Our waitress Guinevere was fabulous! Our table was right at the open window with a wonderful view of the beach and the surf. Service was impeccable, food to die for! If you are a foodie, do not miss this wonderful restaurant!

1  Thank chefjoyce
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Truly beautiful setting and very nice atmosphere. Food was excellent and service was good, although not outstanding. But very pricey as other reviews note.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

The view of the ocean from our table was gorgeous and the service was excellent. Our meal was delicious and the dessert was actually an edible work of art. This was the best overall meal experience that we had in 2 weeks in Hawaii on 2 different islands.

I know it's a seafood restaurant but it would be nice if there was a chicken option on the menu (there are a couple beef choices) for those who end up at this restaurant with a seafood loving partner but who are not seafood lovers themselves.