“Best meal ever!”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Paia
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary at Mama's on May 4th. We both agreed it was the best meal we've ever had.

The ambiance, the service, the food was outstanding.

Well worth every penny.

Thank you Mama's! We'll be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,971)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We went to Mama's at the advice of our friends and it was better then we had hoped for. The food was great and the staff was outstanding. The view was very nice and the ambiance was better. W e will go again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Although the ambiance was great the food was mediocre. We had sashimi that was not fresh at all. Surprised by the high reviews- not that good and expensive for quality.

2  Thank Lindsey F
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I were told to go to Mama's by all of our friends. They all said it would be the best meal you have ever had. Sure enough! If you want a splurge night and amazing fresh fish this is your place. The food and atmosphere are great. The meals are pricy, but you should try everything. I simply looked away from the pricing and focused on the meal descriptions. I was so happy with my choices and when the check came, we didn't even worry!!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We'd heard about Mama's for years but this was our first time to venture past the triple $$$ and make a reservation (thanks to our concierge at the Wailea Marriott). From the moment we pulled up to the complimentary valet parking we were in awe. The setting is gorgeous. The valets are friendly and the initial hostess for checking in was delightful. She cheerfully told each group the same information like it was her first time telling anyone. It was a genuine smile and she invited us to wander into the front yard/beach of Mama's.

The feeling of the property and the glow of the restaurant is inviting and we felt even a bit of a thrill to be in such a special place. We were early for our reservation and had time to look at the beach, take a few photos, soak up the ambience.

One more check in and we were shortly seated in what might be the very best seat in the house. Not sure how we got it, but we did. The server was kind, patient, friendly and informative. She, too, had to repeat the same information many times a night (we overheard her at another table), but she presented it as though it was information only for us and she was letting us in on some great tips. She even brought over a lei for me when I mentioned we were celebrating our 15th anniversary.

The food? Every bite amazing. We started with the Hawaiian Shrimp Won Ton which were prawns surrounded with a wonton, not just shrimp pieces in a wonton. Mmmmm! We split a Waipoli greens salad and had a nice break before the entrees arrived. I had the onaga was sautéed with capers and mushrooms and my husband had the mahimahi stuffed with crab and lobster. Just hearing the word "fish" now sends me back to that meal. Ohhhhhh.

We had to finish with the Liliko'i crème brulee - split of course. The meal from start to finish was amazing, delicious, well paced, friendly and we had that incredible view of the beach into night time with the palms lit up and the ocean waves crashing.

Yes, this is an expensive restaurant. We thought it was worth every penny and look forward to our next visit. This is a special place - don't miss it. Mahalo.