“One of my Top 5 meals!”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This restaurant had been recommended to us by many people who had been to Maui and it DID NOT disappoint. The setting (right on the beach with water crashing up against rocks) was picture perfect. My only disappointment was that we did not get there for sunset. Our reservation was for 8:15. If you get there for 7 - you can order drinks and bring them out to watch the sunset in this picturesque locale.

I had the special.. the Opakapaka..it was to die for! My husband got the Mahi Mahi stuffed with lobster and crab. It was very good but I will say that the Opakapaka was ahead.

Service was excellent as well. This is a must for anyone going to fine dine in Maui. I promises!

1  Thank mamamarron
Write a ReviewReviews (11,443)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Visiting for day from Chicago, Il. Returning with our kids after our visit 15 years ago. To be the highlight of our day in Maui. You all would not seat us because we didn't have a reservation! We were willing to wait, as our family was so excited to eat there. You all said no!! Not for a party of five! Horrible experience! Not the aloha spirit! Will never recommend! So rude! Perhaps you've become to proud!!!!!

6  Thank TravelBunch5
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were there celebrating our friends anniversary, what a gem of a restaurant hidden behind the trees. What a beautiful place...the ambiance was gorgeous....a little like paradise on earth. The food was just as excellent too!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just had lunch at Mama's. We had a table right by the front, overlooking the ocean. The food was truly special and the service was great. We took the recommendation of our waiter, and were not disappointed. We went to a early seating (we were there by 11:30) and had no trouble getting a table by the window, but by 12:15/12:30 the restaurant was filling up. Definitely make reservations. Allow time either before or after to take pictures -- the setting is magnificent.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had reservations for Mama's a while back when we planned out our honeymoon. The know we had booked for such an occasion and congratulated us upon arrival, they also had a card sitting on our table that congratulated us as well. The view was awesome, the beach and sunset! We had great service from the hostess, waiter and even got a visit from the manager who presented me with a lay to give to her! It was beautiful and had a sweet smell. Our food was awesome, from the appetizer (snapper rolls), the complementary bread, the chefs complimentary mushroom bisque all the way to the presentation of wine and our entree's. I had the catch of the day and my wife had the Ono with garlic and butter sauce. I could go on and on. Desert was amazing too, had the Hana Banana Macadamia Nut Crisp
Served warm with homemade Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream! Over the top awesomeness. Chris our waiter was great! He was a kind gentleman to both my wife and me! They really go out of there way to make you feel comfortable and welcomed. This was my second time to Mama's, never disappointed. A wonderful experience. Great Place!!!! Go there!