“Mama's Never Disappoints”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Paia
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went twice during our stay in Maui. The first one was for dinner. I had made reservations 4 months in advance. It was so fantastic that we wanted to return. I went online to make a lunch reservation. Nothing was available at lunch time for the entire week. There was a 3:30 opening a few days later and we grabbed it. Even in the middle of the afternoon, it was packed. We have always eaten at Mama's anytime we come to Maui starting back in the '90s. It is still consistently the best!

Write a ReviewReviews (12,188)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I saw their place on my drive to Hana(Volcano) and it caught my eye. Coming back we were hungry and stopped by. The place was packed I mean packed. The service is excellent. When we looked at the menus the food did not seem spectacular but as the food came in we quickly realized that “this is some pretty awesome fish”. Words do not justify the food quality is very good. And the preparations are well put together. I had the Mahi tried many others plates and must say I could have ordered all of them. By the way the views from the restaurant are spectacular as well.

Summary good service, excellent fish, and great venue!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We love this restaurant. It is so special in every way. Best food, best service and spectacular setting. When you come to Maui you have to go to Mamas.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a "can't miss" in Maui. Bring your camera. The photo opps are unbelievable. It's expensive, but worth it. I'm still dreaming about my meal there. Go early, sit at the bar and get their Mai Thai. It's the best I've ever had. Excellent service, great view of the ocean, and excellent food. Can't wait to go back on our next trip.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited Mama's Fish House when we were in Maui 7 years ago and I recalled such great memories that it was on the top of my list to re-visit when we returned. We were certainly not disappointed. There is nothing we could fault. The food is just amazing, the taste & presentation and freshness are top class. The setting and views are spectacular. (We did the sunset dinner seating) The staff excel; our server "Miley" was just the nicest most gorgeous girl. To hear the staff's passion in explaining the menu is an indication of the commitment of everyone at Mama's. If you like floral arrangements, those at Mama's will also impress. My recommendation if you are in Maui: make a point of going to Mama's it is an experience you will not forget.