“Meh.”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were surrounded by the aroma of baking pizza every evening while staying at a vacation rental on Ae Road in Paia, almost behind Flatbread, so caved one night and went there for dinner. From observation we knew there was always a queue to be seated so called ahead to put our name in for a table for six. We were seated immediately when we strolled over a half hour later, and our beers and sodas were delivered to our table within minutes of ordering. It was another half hour before our lackluster pizzas were placed before us. Talk about tasteless. They were like warm cardboard with a sparse layer of bland toppings. I resisted suggesting they head over to Mana Foods and pick up some basic pizza seasonings. Reading other reviews I wonder if we hit it on an off night, but I think there are just different preferences in pizzas. Ours are for ones with flavor.

2  Thank valeria l
Write a ReviewReviews (2,193)

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Two doors down from the Paia Inn on the main drag in Paia, we popped in to the Flatbread Company for pizza one evening and fell in love with it. The clay oven is up front where you can watch the pies going in and out. Unlike most pizzas these days, this pie was delicate and cooked to a crisp with real color on the crust. Classy, delicious, perfect with a bottle of red wine. Very crowded at peak hours, though, so plan ahead if you can.

1  Thank Jean K
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I where here on our honeymoon while driving through town we stopped here because we wanted something fast amd yummy. It was yummy! My husband is lactose intolerant and their manu was perfect for him! We didn't dine in because it was busy but we finish the pizza while driving because it was that good! I wish I could get some in Canada

1  Thank michepw
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Good Food very good ambiance. Try the sausage flatbread and the salad :P. Friendly staff but be ready to make a queue because its always packed.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is a must go to restaurant. This place was amazing. The enviroment was super chill. Great pizza and great staff. The waiter even gave me tips for places to go when I asked him. 2 pizzas fed 4 people perfectly. I can't say enough for this place, I wish I would have gone back another day just for the pizza.