This hostel is a great place to meet people and view all sides of the island on the free tours. We had a problem with our room the first evening, after notifying staff the following day they moved us and gave us a refund for that night. The hostel manager Isaac went out of his way to ensure the rest of our week was awesome, he even gave us priority on the free tours which is what makes this place so great. These guys exceeded our expectations in dealing with the situation, they went about it in an extremely professional yet friendly way which we wouldn't have expected from a hostel. If you find you have a problem then its worth mentioning it. The tours are a great way of seeing the island but they do get booked up very quickly, lots of people do rent cars and you are normally able to tag along with the vans. Wailuku is a bit of a dive but there is a good communal space at the hostel where people chill out in the evenings. Overall the best hostel in the area FOR SURE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel caters to backpackers, travelers and surfers wanting to get the best out of Maui,and the best value for their money. Your stay comes with a friendly atmosphere, camaraderie, and friendships that last a lifetime. We offer more free amenities than any other hostel in Hawaii, probably the world. We offer FREE TOURS of MAUI EVERY DAY!: 12-Mile Haleakala Volcano Hike, The Road to Hana, Iao Valley Rainforest Hike, Whale Watching (seasonal), Snorkel with Turtles, Historic Lahaina and Paia Towns, Beaches, Beaches, Beaches!Large Tropical Garden with 7-Person Jacuzzi, Large Shared Kitchen, Free Wi-Fi, Free Internet Computer, Free pancake breakfast, Free keg parties every Friday night! "BACKPACKERS SHOULD HEAD TO BANANA BUNGALOW" - Frommer's 2011, "LIVELY AND COSMOPOLITAN HOSTEL" - Fodor's 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bungalow Maui Hotel Wailuku
- Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Wailuku, Hawaii