If you are looking to have a relaxed and comfortable stay this is not the place. This is a party place, the rooms are tiny, have no air conditioning only fans. Bathrooms fill easily so you have to wait your turn. There is one in the ground floor with one toilet and 3 or 4 showers, try the ones in the 2nd floor private ones, each with toilet and shower. But the staff is friendly, the place has a nice kitchen and what makes this place awesome are their free tours which are fun and for which you have only to tip the guides who are volunteers plus you get to meet the other travelers! They have female dorms! It is located in Wailuku town which is not near the beach, everything closes around 4pm, so basicly you are isolated, however if you join their daily tours you get to know the island, so great if you are on a budget or don't fancy to rent a car. On the other hand if you rent a car you can make it your base and explore the island. Also 2 bus stops are just outside the hostel that get you to the main bus hub which is located in a mall about 2 miles away and connects you with the rest of the buses running around the island, so not a bad location in the end. Recommendable place but without the comforts, nice to meet people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel caters to backpackers, travelers and surfers wanting to get the best out of Maui,and the best value for their money. Your stay comes with a friendly atmosphere, camaraderie, and friendships that last a lifetime. We offer more free amenities than any other hostel in Hawaii, probably the world. We offer FREE TOURS of MAUI EVERY DAY!: 12-Mile Haleakala Volcano Hike, The Road to Hana, Iao Valley Rainforest Hike, Whale Watching (seasonal), Snorkel with Turtles, Historic Lahaina and Paia Towns, Beaches, Beaches, Beaches!Large Tropical Garden with 7-Person Jacuzzi, Large Shared Kitchen, Free Wi-Fi, Free Internet Computer, Free pancake breakfast, Free keg parties every Friday night! "BACKPACKERS SHOULD HEAD TO BANANA BUNGALOW" - Frommer's 2011, "LIVELY AND COSMOPOLITAN HOSTEL" - Fodor's 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bungalow Maui Hotel Wailuku
- Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Wailuku, Hawaii