If I'm honest I was a little worried about staying in a hostel again (my backpacking days were 15 years ago and I aint a 20-something anymore!!) but this place is AMAZING ! It's so lovely and cute - there's not too many rooms so there's a real home-from-home feeling and everyone is so friendly. The outdoor area is perfect for meeting people and the kitchen (with free pancakes for breakfast) is well equipped and well organised. The staff are fantastic and really put me at ease when I got there - They are also the ones who organise the free trips all around the island every day (sign up the day before & give the drivers a BIG tip cos it's well worth it) which I was so grateful for as I don't drive. I really recommend the Haleakula Volcano trip (seeing the sunset up there is magical) and the road to Hana. So beautiful and lots of fun. If you want a party hostel - don't come here! But it was perfect for me as it is still very sociable but respectful of the neighbours with quiet time after 10pm. So happy I stayed here - best hostel on Maui by far !! Thank you everyone x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel caters to backpackers, travelers and surfers wanting to get the best out of Maui,and the best value for their money. Your stay comes with a friendly atmosphere, camaraderie, and friendships that last a lifetime. We offer more free amenities than any other hostel in Hawaii, probably the world. We offer FREE TOURS of MAUI EVERY DAY!: 12-Mile Haleakala Volcano Hike, The Road to Hana, Iao Valley Rainforest Hike, Whale Watching (seasonal), Snorkel with Turtles, Historic Lahaina and Paia Towns, Beaches, Beaches, Beaches!Large Tropical Garden with 7-Person Jacuzzi, Large Shared Kitchen, Free Wi-Fi, Free Internet Computer, Free pancake breakfast, Free keg parties every Friday night! "BACKPACKERS SHOULD HEAD TO BANANA BUNGALOW" - Frommer's 2011, "LIVELY AND COSMOPOLITAN HOSTEL" - Fodor's 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bungalow Maui Hotel Wailuku
- Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Wailuku, Hawaii