“great adventure!!!”

and up
Molokini and Turtle Town Snorkeling Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Malolo is a 55 ft power catamaran that holds up to 66 passengers. Leaving out of Ma'alaea Harbor Slip 87, near the Coast Guard Station. The Malolo departs daily to 2 snorkel sites (Weather Permitting).
pennsylvania
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“great adventure!!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Admittedly I am not the swimmer my wife and two daughters are, but his was still a great adventure none the less. A somewhat smaller boat compared to the others we saw that day but there was plenty of room for all. The crew was very professional and considerate from the time we arrived to the time we departed. Excellant job! We have been on snorkeling trips before but this was the first time the crew not only had lifeguards on the boat but also two in the water with us at all times. Plenty of sealife to be seen, and a picnic lunch to boot. After the snorkeling was done had some Hawaiian rum. Very nice.Would highly recommend without a moments hesitation.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank pahepners

Coffs Harbour
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great snorkel tour. Molokini is beautiful!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Great snorkel tour of Molokini and turtle town. The water at Molokini is super clear and there is plenty to see. The boat does get a smidge crowded but the service is great. Food and drinks were pretty good - $3 beers and Mai Tai's on the way home! The crew were fantastic and fun. It is worth noting that you aren't allowed to snorkel down under water, just on top.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Alana L
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Two for price of one”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Boat ride to Molokini Crater was a little bit of a distance but the weather was perfect so there was no problem just being outdoors. It was a perfect summer day so a wet suit wasn't needed. They are available for a small rental fee if needed but the salt Water and sunny day will be all you need.

I had always wanted to visit Molokini Crater and glad I was able to visit this trip. The next stop, Turtle Town was great. We banked a little ways off the coast and you had to swim inland towards the reef. If you aren't a strong swimmer, I suggest a floatation device for this one. But again, water is so warm that you can just bob on the surface without moving arms or legs.

We saw about 4-5 different turtles. Keep in mind, there is a Turtle Season so if you go off season, you run the risk of not seeing any so make sure you plan accordingly.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Angelfire1234
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome for the First Timer, Exciting for Experienced Diver!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I decided to join the Frogman Crew for the Molokini and Turtle Town snorkel extravaganza. It was my first time to snorkel.... My husband used to own and run a diving expedition boat in the Red Sea. Needless to say, our levels of expertise were VERY different. The crew was careful to go over snorkeling mishaps, tricks of the trade, what to do and not to do. I felt confident getting in the water.
In Molokini the coral was amazing, and so were the fish. When I got back on the boat, Captain Al offered me his book showing all the different types of fish. Awesomeness.
Turtle Town was just as amazing.
The food was great, trust me, you get hungry. Captain Al, Brady, Sarah and, there was another super nice gentleman, I didn't catch his name (sad face), were funny, educational, informative and really seemed to love what they do.
It was a small boat, as we pulled around other larger boats, we were thankful the the intimacy our crew offered. Felt like we got to know them.
On the way back in, one of our propellers got a net caught in it. Sarah and Brady geared up and jumped right in. Within 10 minutes of diving repeatedly under the boat, they came up with a huge net, all matted and tangled.
It was just a great trip! Highlight of my Maui vacation.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Julie Y
Napa, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Crew!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had an amazing time!! We have done a few other snorkeling voyages and this is by far our favorite! Smaller boat means less people and a more personable time. Great weather and an amazing crew! They were very attentive, fun and knowledgeable. Captain Al was super nice and answered all our questions. Saw quite a few turtles and amazing fish.

Visited April 2014