“Brian is true Aloha when it comes to teaching surfing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Soul Surfing Maui

Soul Surfing Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Brian DeCook offers first rate personalized surfing adventures around Maui for all levels.
Toronto, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Brian is true Aloha when it comes to teaching surfing!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

If you're like me, you only get an opportunity to surf once a year at most. Needless to say, i get rusty. So this being my 3rd year surfing with Brian, he understood that a few tumbles were needed to shed my rust. He was calm and patient, and sure enough, after a few wipeouts, he had me back up on the board in no time! Taking a surf lesson with Brian is always one of my highlights of coming to Maui! Mahalo Brian! You rock!

Visited February 2014

Brunswick, Maine
“Surfing Maui with Brian de Cook”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Brian helped us with our whole Maui trip planning including where to stay, what groups to arrange activities with (such as scuba and skin diving, hiking, biking, etc) as well as providing careful personal surfing lessons. I have tried to learn surfing through books, videos, and thru other instructors, but Brian's methods and explanations were very much tailored to my efforts and level. I learned a lot and am encouraged to take the sport to my next level. I would recommend Brian de Cook to anyone wanting to get into or grow to the next level with surfing.

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“4 hour surf excursion was highlight of Maui trip”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was fortunate enough to catch Brian available on a last minute surf guide request mid January. Brian wisely inquired about my surf ability, what kind of boards I am comfortable riding and asked what kind of waves I was looking for. I told him I was a little rusty in the water, wanted to get out of my comfort zone and needed my own wave. Needless to say Brian delivered in a huge way!!! Amazing 6-8' peaks to ourselves, beautiful hike to gorgeous surf on the north shore. On top of sharing amazing surf Brian knows how to take care of people and I for one am looking forward to my next outing with him. Thanks again Brian!!

houston texas
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Brian was a fabulous instructor. I am a 50+ mom of three who always wanted to try surfing. Brian had me up and surfing within 30 minutes. I was lucky enough to surf with him for 3 consecutive days and take on some more challenging (for me) waves. Brian made it easy and comfortable. He took us to local areas and more remote locations and always seemed to know where the perfect waves could be found. We stayed in a condo in Maalaea, did a hike and a snorkeling trip to Molokini all arranged by Brian (saving me lots of planning time). On the last day, he gave us a disc of photos he took during our visit. I will definitely seek his instruction upon any return trips to Maui. Lots of fun - highly recommend!

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent surfing coach”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We booked a surfing lesson with Brian in December. Although none of us had any previous surfing experience, Brian was so patient to teach and let us tried. Within less than half an hour, all of us could stand up on the board and riding the wave. That was a fabulous experience. Thanks Brian.

Visited December 2013