“A great hostel”

Northshore Hostel Maui
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here a week & were very happy. As usual met some very interesting people . The hostel was cleaned properly everyday and the rules were sensible so that the quiet time was observed and everyone got chance to sleep in readiness for the day ahead. The staff were all hardworking and helpful . There were many extras ...free tea and coffee , free pancakes and free wi fi . Also a computer and printer to print your boarding passes free .For us we enjoyed sitting on the balcony at night the best . Thank you Northshore.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Northshore Hostel Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words. Yes we do work hard to help our guests enjoy themselves and get the most from their visit to Maui. We hope to see you again someday....
Aloha!

There are newer reviews for Northshore Hostel Maui

Reviewed 21 January 2014

It was my first time staying in a hostel. I had a good experience though. Just not located anywhere near beaches so you must have transportation.
It was a quick weekend visit, so my time was spent out and about seeing as much of the island as I could.

• Stayed: January 2014

Mahalo Martini for staying with us, we hope to see you again...a hui hoa!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

When I first arrived, I thougt after hearing all the rules: "oh my God, I hope I'can drink a beer at night...", since I'm on vacation. I stayed for almost a week in a 8-bed dormitory and I even slept once until 9.30 am. Staff and the house are just wonderful and I'm sure to keep their Hostel a quiet place is part of their succes! I loved it, since I was leaving for my trips at 6 am or earlier. The Hostel is in a good place to explore the whole Island of Maui. I definitliy would come back here. Just make sure you have a rental car (they even help you with that) to check out Maui, otherwise you will miss a lot of beautiful places. Thanks dear Team of Northshore Hostel! You do a great job!

Room Tip: Dormitorys are fine. I had a good sleep!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Michael D, Manager at Northshore Hostel Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thanks Romy, we're happy you enjoyed your visit and that you 'get it' about our rules, which are meant to ensure all guests have the best experience possible...we really enjoy helping people! Happy trails and aloha!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I'm a backcountry traveler. But sometimes I need a hot shower, wash my clothes and get connected to the world. This place is 1st class!!!
The best hostel I've ever been. Amazing staff, picked me up at the airport, nice dorm, clean bathroom with HOT shower, flexible with all my needs. I could leave my bags behind - what I didn't need on that 3 days in Hana or Haleakala. Public computer with printer!!! I just love them. So I decided pretty fast to spend all my out of backcountry days in this hostel and that was the best decision. You could do it too. :-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Wow, thanks Banditina! We really appreciate our wonderful guests and you are a star! Thanks for your kind words...we hope to see you again someday....happy trails and aloha!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Friendly environment, friendly guests, friendly staff, free pancakes, awesome island - who wants more?
Anyways, I made very good friends here, the whole atmosphere is awesome, you are in Hawaii, you are there for having fun and everything in this hotel is there to make sure you are!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Paczy
Thank you for staying with us....we're glad you enjoyed your visit to Maui and our hostel. Please visit us again...
Aloha

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I enjoyed the quiet and a good sleep in the hostel. I also met a lot of nice people there...I would stay in this hostel again! The bus connection to the beaches and all over the island is good. I felt very secure in this hostel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Katjuscha, thanks for your kind words...we're happy that you enjoyed our hostel and hope to see you again someday....aloha!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here 3 separate times as we explored the Hawaiian islands. The bathrooms and kitchen were always clean and the private rooms were a great deal. Their free airport shuttle service was fantastic, and saved us a lot of money because you can't take big backpacks on the bus. Staff was amazing - incredibly kind and always willing to help with island information. Super clean, safe and comfortable. Close to bus stops and we were able to bus to all over Maui. Highly recommend this hostel to other travellers!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 369Travelbug

Thank you so much for your wonderful (accurate) review! We really enjoyed you as guests and hope you visit us again. We appreciate your comments
Aloha nui loa & A hui hoa!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailuku
Maui Seaside Hotel
The Tiki Beach Hostel
The Tiki Beach Hostel
#34 of 43 in Lahaina
Aston at the Maui Banyan

Been to Northshore Hostel Maui? Share your experiences!