“Worth the trip to see the building”

The King Kamehameha Golf Club
Vancouver, Canada
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Worth the trip to see the building”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This golf course has various specials for playing 18 holes and also a nice restaurant open for breakfast and lunch. The building is the best part as it is a Frank Lloyd Wright designed building and hosts many Wright design features. Worth a stop even if you don't golf

Visited June 2014
1 Thank loveit45

Cincinnati, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unbelievable Golf Experience!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hands down one of, if not the best, golf experience I have ever had. The course was pristine and the views are second to none. It gets windy up there but that added to the experience. The carts also don't have GPS which I was disappointed in at first, but it ended up being a blessing in disguise. It made me go back to walking off yardages which added to the experience. Nothing better than walking off your distance, compensating for the wind, and having your well executed shot be the right decision. I did my homework before going out to Maui and the reviews were right about this course. Over $100 less expensive than the Plantation Course and other top courses on Maui and it has to rival every one of them in layout and beauty. I remember being on the first tee looking out at the ocean with the mountains to my right with clouds rolling down off of them, all while it was sunny everywhere else thinking, "Is this real life?" Do yourself a favor and play this course. I can only hope I get the chance to visit again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nate V
Texas
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Impressive”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We drove from Kaanapali to get a look at this course, and while we chose the neighboring course to play instead, Kamehameha, from what we saw is stunning at 1200 ft above sea level. The club house is a Frank Lloyd Wright design, his pic is inside, and just amazing. It was actually intended to become the home for folks from Ft. Worth, TX. The course looks like velvet, and while it is private, one can become a member for a day and play there; we may do so another time.
One turnoff was when we went to the pro shop to look around a bit and learn more, the young women behind the counter had attitude and answered a question my husband had with a flippant, " I don't play golf, I have no idea!" For the caliber of golf club this is, one would expect her to at least get someone who knew the answers to golf course questions a seasoned golfer might have. Wonder how she got this job? While the price played a role, she sealed the deal to go to the other course where the staff thanked us for coming! The management of this course should be aware of this. Not to take anything away, the course and its environment-stunning, and not an easy course, as told by a golfer who played just a few days prior. Go see!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank 2traveles
Kihei, Hawaii
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Great Restaurant at this private Golf Club”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Club house was based on teh design by Frank Lloyd Wright for marilyn Monroe. It is beautiful and the setting breathtaking. Membershio Fees for this private Club to become memebers. I had lunch and the food was very good. Pricey - but no more than average on Maui.

Visited February 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“No better course in Hawaii. Hands down.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I love this course for its changes and tee box selections. I know that a course that is the US open qualifier for Hawaii has to keep a pretty impressive standard to remain the host course for the USGA. Secondly, the clubhouse was a Frank Lloyd Wright design. Only way to play is to be either a guest of a member or catch one of the few "Member for a Day" tee slots. Bring a camera, your cubs and an appetite. Very worth while.

Visited March 2014