“The worst experience ever”

Moped City Maui Bed & Wheels
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“The worst experience ever”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I´ve never had such a bad experience in a hostel.
I booked a private room, and it has nothing to do with a private room. It is only divided by a "wall" that doesn´t get to the ceiling.
When I got there the person in charge told me that I should go to another Hostel they have that was across the street as they had no availability (this was never clarified when I booked it via internet).
When I got there a very unskilled person of the hostel told me had no idea what room I had. He took over 5 rooms, and all of them where totally dirty, not prepared for the check in, and also some windows were broken! They expected me to sleep there. I went to talk to the owner, and she was very rude, she didn´t even gave me any explanation nor solution.
I finally got a private room that was too dirty, as the restrooms.
I would never recommend someone to stay at this hostel, I had an awful experience and I think owners should be ashamed of their service.
Moreover,I booked 2 nights but I only stayed one, and they told me they were going to charge me for one night. Now I can see in my credit card that they charged me two nights and they are not answering any of my emails or calls! Unbelievable.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Luciana3036

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at this hostel for a month, as they have a great 30 day rate. It's set up as one huge dorm room with 10 twin beds, which I liked more than traditional smaller hostel rooms with bunkbeds crammed into it. Even when the dorm was full it did not feel crowded. Great outdoor shower! Wonderful, friendly owners and on site managers. Nice kitchen with flat screen tv and cable, and also great wifi. Nice mix of locals and tourists staying here, there was always good conversation going on. Responsible drinking was allowed, but this is NOT a party hostel. I really enjoyed my stay, and I will be back!

Room Tip: All the beds are good.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed 1 July 2012

If your looking for an inexpensive place to stay, this is it! The owner and staff are Kind, Helpful and friendly. They also rent mopeds and you can get a package deal on the room and a moped. The mopeds are so fun to ride!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
fernly
Reviewed 30 June 2012

this place was so nice with the most cleanest bathrooms, common areas and beds.
the wifi was strong and easy to get on to.
the shuttle was a little late to pick me up but he was so sorry that he was late and he took me to do a little shopping before he took me back to the hostel.

got to meet the owners they bought us all pizza and sat with us with the torches lit it was really nice.

i am glad i chose this place and will tell all of my friends about it.

Room Tip: if you dont mind sleeping in a huge dorm room to save lots of money this is the place for you!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
, Owner at Moped City Maui Bed & Wheels, responded to this review, 1 July 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review! I am very glad you had a nice time while with us.
I hope to see you again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailuku
Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport
Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono
Wailuku Guesthouse
Wailuku Guesthouse
#2 of 4 in Wailuku

Been to Moped City Maui Bed & Wheels? Share your experiences!