“Loved it, if I'm in Maui again, I coming back here.”
Review of Wailuku Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
Wailuku Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 4 Wailuku B&B and Inns
Long Beach, California
“Loved it, if I'm in Maui again, I coming back here.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed here during our honeymoon. It was very welcoming and comfortable rooms, great hosts and location is accessible to all Maui has to offer (since Wailuku is central to all the island).
We used it as our base camp, then took day trips to all the destinations. It worked out well. Maureen and Doug gave us plenty of advise about the best places, restaurants, beaches and activities to do. Really helpful!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank castle_lb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Taiwan
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Maureen is such a great host! Oh, those handmade cookies were delicious, too! The guesthouse has very warm vibe that makes you feel just like home especially for travellers flying far away from home! Make sure you play with Makena and Kahana in the pool. They're both very entertaining to play with. We had a very pleasant stay at Wailuku guesthouse. Mahalo, Maureen!

Room Tip: The location is very close to Iao Valley. Perfect for a good walk with beautiful valley view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Wailuku_Guesthouse, Owner at Wailuku Guesthouse, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Aloha Koko
Even though you were just passing through; it was nice to meet you both. Makena and Kahana both loved you. Please be sure to tell your friends and family about us and when you rebook ask for our repeat guest discount.

Much mahalo for staying with us.

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a great vacation in May 2014 at the Wailuku Guesthouse. Maureen was great. Very helpful an informative. Felt like I was at a relatives visiting. Location was great, close to a couple of Malls and About 10 mins from the Airport. She helped us with questions reguarding sightseeing adventures.Very homey accommodations. Great time. Will stay again.

Thank Maureen!

Eloise

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wailuku_Guesthouse, Owner at Wailuku Guesthouse, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Aloha Folks,

I'm so glad when you finally arrived. There was a sense of relief shown on your faces when you finally arrived and I'm glad I was there to get you here in the dark. Your stay was brief but you asked a lot of good questions and I think I was able to steer you in the right direction. We are looking forward to you sending your whole family next time.

With Aloha,
owner
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Gorgeous accommodations, Maureen is a sheer delight. What a great experience only enhanced by this B&B !! Would stay again in a heartbeat !! Have posted pics on Facebook and have left messages for all my friends and family for their next visit !

Room Tip: Take the big room !!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth B
Wailuku_Guesthouse, Owner at Wailuku Guesthouse, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Aloha Elizabeth,
I'm thrilled that you as well as others just love our place. We are not big and fancy but nice and clean eh? Having all the beach chairs, boogie boards, coolers, sun umbrellas and beach towels available is a nice feature. Glad you enjoyed it all. I also love my job.

See you are your finest again soon hopefully,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We just enjoyed a week at the Wailuku Guesthouse in the Wasabi room. It was so much nicer than a sterile hotel room. Maurene was friendly and helpful, answering all our odd questions. The Maui guidebook in the room was excellent - we used it extensively. The little kitchen made it easy to pack picnic lunches and there was even a cooler provided. We found this a great central location for exploring the island. There are a number of good restaurants within walking distance and for a more casual evening, take-out eaten by the pool is very relaxing. We were treated to great home-made goodies - and a papaya from the tree in the garden that ripened while we were there. It doesn't get much better than that!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My friend and I spent 3 nights at the Wailuku Guesthouse while exploring Maui, both of us really enjoyed our stay. The room was cozy, there were more than enough towels etc. provided, and the staff (Maureen) was incredibly friendly! We never got around to using the pool or grill but the homemade cookies were a plus, it's definitely family-friendly too. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank surfeskimo711
Wailuku_Guesthouse, Owner at Wailuku Guesthouse, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Aloha Ladies,
I'm so glad you both had a fun time on your Spring break. I hope the beach towels, beach chairs, bathrooms and Maui Revealed Guide help you start off your early arrival with a bang! If I was the sun God I'd have dried up all that rain but you have some good days too. Thanks so much for trying us us out. Now just send your friends or visit us again.

With aloha,
owner, Wailuku Guesthouse
Maui, HI
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Wailuku Guesthouse when we stayed in Maui this past spring break. When we arrived in our room we had 2 chocolate macadamia nut cookies waiting for us. They were homemade and delicious. I love how it felt more like home than a hotel, but it still had great amenities. There were beach towels, small cooler, and beach chairs for us to borrow and use for our trip. Maureen even had a binder of great places to eat and fun places to check out while we were on vacation. The next time my boyfriend and I are in Maui we will definitely come back and stay at the Wailuku Guesthouse again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Plantation room which has a Queen size bed, and it's a good size room. Downsta...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailuku
Maui Seaside Hotel
Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono
Kuau Inn
Kuau Inn
#1 of 3 in Paia

Been to Wailuku Guesthouse? Share your experiences!