“skip it.”

Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ma'alaea Small Boat Harbor
Transit: Buzz's Wharf Restaurant is just a 1 minute walk from the Ma'alaea Harbor Village bus stop. Buses from all over Maui (Wailuku, Lahaina and Kihei) stop at Ma'alaea Harbor every hour.
Description: Established in 1967 In 1967, Jerry & Eileen Macdonald opened Buzz's Wharf Restaurant in the Ma'alaea Small Boat Harbor, where it still stands today. They shared 30 successful years in the restaurant business on Maui and Honolulu. In 1993, the Macdonald's retired and the next generation took over. The American Cuisine with an Island flavor continues on. Mrs. Macdonald's French Tahitian roots contributed to many of the unique menu items. Their signatures dish the " Prawns Tahitian" being the most popular.Buzz's Wharf Restaurant recently celebrated 45 years of operation, and is one of Maui's Long Standing restaurants. As a landmark in Ma'alaea Bay Harbor, Buzz's continues, year after year, to greet and extend their ho'okipa (hospitality) to both newcomers and their loyal local and visitor clientele. Our ocean front dining room offers panoramic views of the harbor, Mt. Haleakala and the southern coastline of Maui which only serve to enhance your dining experience.
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

We went to Buzz's anticipating fresh fish for lunch...but they were out. Service was horrible. We had to ask the hostess if our table had been assigned a server after waiting 25 minutes to be aknowledged we were sitting at the table waiting for a menu.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We ate here twice and the food was always outstanding. They have the best and freshest fish and chips I've ever eaten in my life. The dinner time bartender makes the best piña colada I have ever tasted too (the daytime bartender, not so much). The entertainer during our dinner meal was so talented, he brought us all to tears singing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". I was greatly impressed with the servers. I was having a blood sugar attack my second visit and the waiter found some bread for us even though they don't usually serve bread till dinner. My only complaint about our experience is the woman who greeted us at dinner was very rude (not the young lady who works in the daytime, she was super sweet). She seemed to have an attitude about answering any questions. We were in such a good mood we didn't let her snootiness get us down but I think the owners should know she is a dark spot in their otherwise virtually FLAWLESS restaurant. I will come back to this lovely place again and again!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

We ate at buzzs several times during our stay and we did not have any issues with the service or food. Try the prime rib sandwich for a real treat. Their breakfast was great and huge if you are a little eater there was enough for two people in their breakfast.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Oh my, stopped in for lunch this afternoon..........the wait to be seated was ridiculous considering the restaurant was not full. Once at the table we were starting to wonder if they thought we had come for dinner. The service was painfully slow.

When "Our" meal finally arrived after everyone around us (who arrived after us) had been served it was not good. Out of the three lunches that wee ordered two were nasty!!! We informed our server that we could not eat the meal. We were offered a free dessert, no thank you and we were not charged for the meals we did not eat.

We have been to Buzz's many times over the years and this experience makes me hesitate to ever want to return.

The manager on duty never came to the table and the server was left to attend to unhappy guests. She made the best of a difficult situation.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We got here at 1:45. It is now 3:00 and we haven't even gotten drinks. The hostess is an airhead and the waitstaff are nowhere to be found. The place is half empty there is no excuse for such poor service.

1  Thank John415sf