“Okay food”

Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ma'alaea Small Boat Harbor
Transit: Buzz's Wharf Restaurant is just a 1 minute walk from the Ma'alaea Harbor Village bus stop. Buses from all over Maui (Wailuku, Lahaina and Kihei) stop at Ma'alaea Harbor every hour.
Description: Established in 1967 In 1967, Jerry & Eileen Macdonald opened Buzz's Wharf Restaurant in the Ma'alaea Small Boat Harbor, where it still stands today. They shared 30 successful years in the restaurant business on Maui and Honolulu. In 1993, the Macdonald's retired and the next generation took over. The American Cuisine with an Island flavor continues on. Mrs. Macdonald's French Tahitian roots contributed to many of the unique menu items. Their signatures dish the " Prawns Tahitian" being the most popular.Buzz's Wharf Restaurant recently celebrated 45 years of operation, and is one of Maui's Long Standing restaurants. As a landmark in Ma'alaea Bay Harbor, Buzz's continues, year after year, to greet and extend their ho'okipa (hospitality) to both newcomers and their loyal local and visitor clientele. Our ocean front dining room offers panoramic views of the harbor, Mt. Haleakala and the southern coastline of Maui which only serve to enhance your dining experience.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

While staying in Maui last week, we tried Buzz's. It is located in the harbor and had a nice view of the ocean. We had their lunch portion of Fish/Shrimp & Chips. It was okay food..nothing special. For $15, you got a few french fries, two fish sticks (about as long as your index finger) and three or four shrimp. To be honest, I believe the atmosphere (relaxing by the water) was worth the money more than the food. Waitress was very welcoming and nice!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Buzz's has been around for over forty years (that I know of). When we arrived for my mother's 73rd birthday dinner, we were seated at a table a little too close to the front door. Our drinks were long in arriving and the menu looked heavy on the teriyaki. But besides these poor first impressions, oh my gosh, the food was fantastic! The salads were so fresh tasting and generous. I had a pasta dish that was divine. EVeryone complimented the chef. Wonderful experience at Buzz's - we will go back!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We've never had anything but a good meal at Buzz's. Fresh fish every time and reasonable. Nice view of the water and whales during the season.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We have been to Buzz's a number of times in past visits to Maui and have always enjoyed it. The views are great, the service is average, and the food is quite good though not quite it was in the past. I would still go back.

1  Thank Travel_4_Relax_N_Fun
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Four of us stopped in at Buzz's. View of the harbor is beautiful. Restaurant was beautiful. Manger was a wonderful young lady. But our service was terrible. Each couple ordered drinks, The drinks were each $10.00 and had my husband not restrained me, I would have sent mine back and said "I am way over 21, please give me a big girl drink." One couple ordered a basket of fries; the other couple ordered one sandwich. Drinks and the fries came and the sandwich never did. When our waiter, Rickey, finally came by to see if we needed anything, we mentioned the sandwich that never came. He evidently had forgotten to write it down, but didn't say so. However, we saw him run over to the computer to put it in. When it came (coconut shrimp sandwich), it was pretty plain, no garnish, etc. To be fair, the manager comped the sandwich and the fries and apologized, but it was a pretty bad experience--in fact, the worst we had in Wailuku.

Just to be clear, we have no trouble paying Hawaii prices and we always tip well, but this experience was not good and was not a fair value.

1  Thank Colliemom655